Sign in with
Your question

SP2 removes "Home edition" or "Professional"

Last response: in Windows XP
December 27, 2004 2:50:18 PM

Hey,
Has anyone noticed that XPSP2 removes the "Home edition" or "Professional" label below the WindowsXP on the black bootup screen? Does anyone know how to get it back, short of reinstalling XP and not installing SP2?

Thanks..
December 27, 2004 7:20:40 PM

Yup!!!

Xeon

<font color=red>Post created with being a dickhead in mind.</font color=red>
<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>
December 27, 2004 10:36:11 PM

What's the big deal with losing Prof. on the splash screen ... if it will make you happy, go to System Properties and you'll see your version there ... take a screen shot and put it up on the wall ...

<b> ...more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol - W.C. Fields </b>
Related resources
December 29, 2004 11:31:21 PM

Perhaps "professional" made him feel special, I for one coughed on juice when I noticed it the first time.

Xeon

<font color=red>Post created with being a dickhead in mind.</font color=red>
<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>
December 31, 2004 11:02:58 AM

Yes it has done it to my version as well. Also on Home Edition it changes the colour of the bar to a calming professional blue rather than a bogey coloured green. It has also changed the copyright to just say Microsoft Co-operation - tryin to cover up the age of the operating system lol!

Just outta interest is the loading bar of Media Center Edition pink??

PC Spec: AMD Athlon XP 2000+, ECS K7S5A Motherboard, 768MB SDRAM PC133, Sparkle nVidia Riva TNT2 M64 32MB AGP Graphics Card, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 6.1, Windows XP
December 31, 2004 12:43:09 PM

Media Center Edition 2004..."Blue"
January 3, 2005 4:05:47 PM

Dont really care since I use my own custom boot screens. Youll still get the same functionalities of whatever version you have.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>
January 3, 2005 7:02:04 PM

Just go with the flow,i guess microsoft wanted to further genericify its os lmao, get a custom boot screen and be done with the non professional displaying a** ms default screen.
The best program to use for this in my limited experience is style xp www.tgtsoft.com
I have windows xp pirated edition according to my boot screen (obviously its not "pirated" but it looks cool, kinda has a pirates of the caribbean thing going on.)
!