Sign in with
Your question

How do you make the ps3 recognise a folder for streaming?

Last response: in Video Games
September 6, 2010 7:34:44 PM

I had my friend set it up the way it is now.

Bit I wanna stream off a different hard drive.

More about : make ps3 recognise folder streaming

October 8, 2010 5:22:37 PM

The file your content is located in has to be named VIDEO or MUSIC depending on which you are streaming. The PS3 will recognize it then.
m
l
October 11, 2010 8:23:50 PM

The VIDEO and MUSIC folders are required on direct-attached storage devices like a USB flash drive or external hard drive, although the Triangle can be hit, along with Display All to see the files.

Or are you talking about streaming media over network-attached drives and PCs? If so, more information is needed. If an external hard drive, what model, networkable, DLNA certified? If a PC, is it on the same LAN, using PS3 Media Server or other?
m
l
Related resources
October 21, 2010 12:40:34 AM

There's a lot more information needed to assist you. Instead of me "interviewing" you one question at a time, go ahead and write down your whole setup and what you are hoping to accomplish.
m
l
October 21, 2010 11:53:41 AM

Short answer - I would say start from scratch and use the free program PS3 Media Server (google it for the home site).

Setting it up is very straightforward and you can choose whichever directories you want to share, including multiple ones from different drives.
m
l
!