spikes85

Distinguished
May 27, 2005
Hi, I'm new to this board and read many helpful posts.

Well I'm looking for a new mobo/cpu for gamin' and OC.

A lot of people have posted that the AMD performs great for games so I'm leaning towards AMD (I have no zero knowledge or experience with AMD). I've used pentiums all my life.

Main parts I want to keep using (hopefully):
+ MSI geForce 6800 128MB AGP
+ PNY 2x512MB PC2700

I'm currently looking into this combo:
CPU
+ AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice Integrated into Chip
-or??-
+ AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice Integrated into Chip

Motherboard:
+ EPoX EP-9NDA3+ Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce3 Ultra
-or-
+ ASUS A8V DELUXE

Please check if there is any problems with this setup please!
Any suggestions on changes are welcomed.
Thanks for the input and the time to read my post! =)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by spikes85 on 05/28/05 02:56 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

You can get an epox 9NDA3J board with venice core athlon 64 3000 (retail boxed) for about $250. The epox board will work with your agp card, and provide some overclocking options in the bios. Don't know if your pc2700 memory will work with this board, but memory prices are down right now, and you can get a gig of name brand pc3200 for less than $100 at many venders.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
P4 was never great, but the Northwood core version was fair. Then Intel went with a new core that offered worse performance with greater heat, and nobody with an open mind wants that.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>