amoretto

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2005
Everytime I turn on my PC my chipset fan makes some weird loud noises. I looked to make sure nothing was interfering with it and even reseated the plug, but it still happens for a couple of seconds when I boot up and then starts spinning normal. Does this mean the chipset fan is dying out? I just got this mobo not even a month ago. It's an Asus A8N-sli deluxe.

russell

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
Not too long ago most of the MoBo manufacturers got shipments of bad chip-set fans.

Abit came forward and made good on all the bad fans. Asus, I don't know about. Just contact them and they should make it good. You might also go to the Asus web site and research on their tech forum and see what others have said about the fans going bad.

It would seem to me that the boards that had the bad fans would have been returned and fixed instead of still being sold on the market.[/wishful thinking]

<font color=red>!#&$</font color=red> :eek: ---<font color=blue><i><b>There's the facts</font color=blue>....<font color=green> the twisted facts </font color=green>...the distorted facts</font color=blue>,...Then There's</i><font color=red> Journalism!</font color=red></b>