longhornrangler

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2004
I am consistently getting a message on my outlook 2000 whenever opening it at the beginning of the day.

Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator.
Your mailbox size is 296381 KB

I checked .pst files, temp files, cleaned out all of my outlook and I'm still getting this message every day.

Do I need to unintall/reinstall outlook or what?

RichPLS

Champion
You might have a corrupt file on your ISP server. Might take an email or call to have them delete it.
You can also download some free programs that let you view email on your server and delete it yourself.
I don't think it has anything at all to do with your email software on your machine.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
I manage several email accounts through a website...what most people forget to do is purge their Trash folder. Next thing you know their allotment of space is full and they can't access their email...So I take out the garbage for 'em...

....WW (5.0)

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
What I'm referring to are web based email accounts. The service we use for our site is Squirrel Mail. If you have Outlook configured to collect email from several different web accounts you may still need to visit these accounts, login, and purge the trash or junk folders occasionally.

....WW (5.0)

RichPLS

Champion
If your using Outlook, make sure it is configured to delete mail once downloaded from server. Otherwise mailbox will fill up.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>