Watch out overcharge by Verizon

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
August 30, 2004 7:59:51 PM

For those using your company's employee discount program through
Verizon Wireless:

1. Discount could be removed without warning:
My company is a big Fortune 500 company and has 20% discount. My
discount for cell phone by my daughter at college was removed since
last November. When I tried to get a new phone after 2 year, a rep
told me it was not on 20% discount currently and offered to put the
discount back. Check my past bill online, I uncovered that my
discount has been missing for several months.

When I called to ask refund on the 20% discount. The second rep told
me the company POLICY is 3 months cut-off. My comment is that if you
steal my money, the policy sounds strange. I asked to speak to the
supervisors, who offered to refund and bad mouth that my company could
have give them wrong info such that they removed the discount. There
is even no warning when they did it. Anyway, the supervisor gave me
discount since November when they dropped it, but went ahead that he
can do only 12%, instead of 20%.

2. Charge the customer before you start new service:
Got a new service for another college child. The bill shows the
charge starts when Verizon Wireless shipped the equipment, instead of
the date we activated it 10 days later even if I was told at
activation time that the charge starts when I made the first call.
That is, it is a $10 steal. It could be million, considering how many
new customers they added.

3. Overcharge Activation Fee $35:
With 2 year contract on this new cell phone service, the online
subscription page shows no activation fee. After register the new
phone online, the first month bill shows the first month bill has $35
activation charge. I was told the rep that it will be reduce to $15
and it would take 24 hour to update the computer. I was on my way out
and did not bother with $15 charge. 4 days later, it is still $35.
This time, I will ask Verizon not to steal any penny.

Now I decided to let all users watch out their Verizon Wireless bill
carefully. (Remember their license to steal - 3 months policy!)
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 11:04:38 PM

Verizon has done this with my company as well. We've had many probems with
Verizon and that's why my company uses any cellular service other then
Verizon. We accumulate a cell phone bill well over $200,000 per month just
in Central NJ. And Verizon lost the account because of incompetence. Typical
for this company.

"Steve" <ste248@gmail.com> wrote in message
> For those using your company's employee discount program through
> Verizon Wireless:
>
> 1. Discount could be removed without warning:
> My company is a big Fortune 500 company and has 20% discount. My
> discount for cell phone by my daughter at college was removed since
> last November. When I tried to get a new phone after 2 year, a rep
> told me it was not on 20% discount currently and offered to put the
> discount back. Check my past bill online, I uncovered that my
> discount has been missing for several months.
>
> When I called to ask refund on the 20% discount. The second rep told
> me the company POLICY is 3 months cut-off. My comment is that if you
> steal my money, the policy sounds strange. I asked to speak to the
> supervisors, who offered to refund and bad mouth that my company could
> have give them wrong info such that they removed the discount. There
> is even no warning when they did it. Anyway, the supervisor gave me
> discount since November when they dropped it, but went ahead that he
> can do only 12%, instead of 20%.
>
> 2. Charge the customer before you start new service:
> Got a new service for another college child. The bill shows the
> charge starts when Verizon Wireless shipped the equipment, instead of
> the date we activated it 10 days later even if I was told at
> activation time that the charge starts when I made the first call.
> That is, it is a $10 steal. It could be million, considering how many
> new customers they added.
>
> 3. Overcharge Activation Fee $35:
> With 2 year contract on this new cell phone service, the online
> subscription page shows no activation fee. After register the new
> phone online, the first month bill shows the first month bill has $35
> activation charge. I was told the rep that it will be reduce to $15
> and it would take 24 hour to update the computer. I was on my way out
> and did not bother with $15 charge. 4 days later, it is still $35.
> This time, I will ask Verizon not to steal any penny.
>
> Now I decided to let all users watch out their Verizon Wireless bill
> carefully. (Remember their license to steal - 3 months policy!)
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 11:04:03 AM

Discount and activation fee: baloney and ooops.

1) There are various corporate/volume discounts, and only Verizon is the
final authority. But we are aware of discounts of 20% or more; so saying
that you are only going to get 12% seems odd and inconsistent.

2) Activation fee: my understanding is that employee liable or corporate
liable "business accounts" (those getting business or quantity discounts)
have their activation fees waived. But again, despite what I read or am
told, verizon is the final authority, and my opinions are just that:
opinions. dr.

So: I'd call back and ask for the full corporate discount that you are
qualified for; and remind them that as a corporate account, you "believe"
that the activation fees are waived. What can it hurt? dr.