Service Pack 2 - Secondary Drive UNREADABLE

el_macho

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2004
Hi. When I intalled XP SP2, it doesn't detect any secondary hard disk I connect.
I've tried 3 different hard disk, wich are correctly detected in the bios. But in Windows I can see no drive letters. When I go to "admistrate" / "storage" / "disk administration" (or something like that, my os is in spanish), it detects the disk as Dynamic, and it says is Unreadable. It gives me the option to transform it into Basic, but when I do it, nothing happens, and the disk countinues to show as Dynamic.
In the Device Manager, they show up correctly, and working fine.
I've already tried all possible cable configurations (master, secondary, in the same or in two diferent cables).
It's somekind of problem between sp2 and hard drives.

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
It must be basic I suggest you back the entire disk on Windows 2000 and convert to basic.

Xeon

<font color=red>Post created with being a dickhead in mind.</font color=red>
<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>

pat

Expert
try to uninstall the IDE drivers, then restart your computer. I dont know what kind of chipset you have, but choose to install Microsoft drivers, and not the one that came with your motherboard.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

TRENDING THREADS