NZXT's Touch-Screen External Fan Controller Priced

Status
Not open for further replies.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
If the screen is anything like the current 'lcd' screen in the NZXT fan controller right now, I'll pass.

For some reason these manufacturers have no common sense when it comes to fan controller screens. I'll gladly pay the premium for a controller that has a customizable theme based interface, full touch controls, and a full color LCD with a decent viewing angle.

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]MrF430[/nom]Per the NZXT website, its retailing for $69.99[/citation]

A reader should never have to click on an external link to find information promised in the title.

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
DON'T BUY IT...
i have Sentry2 and it has lots of problems
they just build low quality stuff

it worked for about a month then the so called patented touch screen broke down... nevermind that... 1 more month and for some reason, it stopped powering all the fans in my case...

it was a good looking product but bad build quality.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
They should have made it double as a digital picture frame. Talk about a missed opportunity... It would be awesome to set what you normally want to see and then (assuming they weren't the default) see the fans suddenly come up and alert you that things were getting a bit toasty.

lawlthegamer

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
[citation][nom]7amood[/nom]DON'T BUY IT...i have Sentry2 and it has lots of problemsthey just build low quality stuffit worked for about a month then the so called patented touch screen broke down... nevermind that... 1 more month and for some reason, it stopped powering all the fans in my case...it was a good looking product but bad build quality.[/citation]

Why the thumbs down? Read the reviews of rampant issues with their products, mostly being fan buzz sounds or grinding noises comming from the motor while using any of their fan controllers. If you want a source google it yourself. I myself bought their single slot touch screen fan controller which was defective, along with the 2 replacements. Just because you might have been lucky and goten a good one or aren't picky enough to notice or care, doesn't mean he's wrong...

But they still look super cool, I kept the 3rd since I at least have a wicked display with temps, and at the discounted price I got it for, I can't complain either way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.