Which Chipset should I choose?

I want to buy a new motherboard, but there are some obscures informations and topics about chipset that create doubts. For example: which chipset would be the best for P4 or Athlon? (don´t mind which socket). Last month I could buy a motherboard with a determined chipset and today it is not up-to-date. Which criterions should I take as important to get a new motherboard and choose the correct chipset? Is the chipset responsible for a good performance? The chipset could be responsible for some kind of compatibility between some component ?
I am asking for orientation because I really could not find a specific text about chipset. Somebody can help me? Sorry for my inexperienced.

Marks
2 answers Last reply
More about which chipset choose
  1. What are you going to use the system for? How much money are you willing to spend? Do you care about upgradeability?
  2. For AMD I'd go for a nforce 4 ultra, or if not at least a nforce 4. And for upgradeability socket 939 because with a bios update you can upgrade it to a double core Athlon 64.

If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one thath will go wrong first will be the one that will do the most possible damage
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Chipsets