Final Fantasy 14 is a joke...

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Ok, so im playin tha open beta for FF14 here and tryin to figure out what i was waiting for in the past few months. This game is absolutely terrible. The models, graphics and style are all beautiful, but they actual game is just sooo bad. I would love to elaborate on why combat, coding and limitations are all balls-ass suck, but I would rather hear you gentlemen's opinion.

Anyone else playing the beta? Having fun? if so, why? :pt1cable:

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Every Final Fanasty since 7 sucks balls - just one long CG clip after another with a tiny amount of interaction needed to just string them together.

I'm a little disappointed in anybody who thought it would be anything different.

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
well I, for one, gentlemen have never played a final fantasy game. however I was told this one was to be the greatness. Yet hark alas it did fail heartily. They best delay release another year or be destroyed.

any other thoughts ?

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

Too harsh, you never played it then why and hope for it to never release?
Some people will enjoy it, newcomers may even feel like it's a great experiance.
So all in all, I liked the concept of the benchmark, and how everything looked. Of course, I won't buy the game though.

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
no not at all, I think games of this general theme are in dire need of graphical improvement, so that aspect was welcome. and just like any other game, if you own a computer made a few years ago, then just turn the graphics down a bit and it should not be a problem. thank u gentlemen for your response

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

This game is heavily dependant on your cpu and ram though. Doesn't it use all 4 cores if available?

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
the IGN FF14 preview just came out. The issue of needing a supercomputer to run the game on high settings did arise. Hopefully these issues will be addressed in the next 2 weeks.

and now ladies and gentlemen I would like to speak on the issue of jumping and flying in FF14....or lack thereof. I have been told that this is a feature of all final fantasy games. maybe you can get a pet later that lets you fly, but no jumping still does not jive with me.

Sure its annoying in Wow when everyone around u is jumping around like idiots all the time, but its more annoying to have to walk around a log that seems 5 inches of the ground. Your thoughts gentlemen?

sockpirate

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
These games rarely appeal to anyone who do not favor the genre. I played 11 , i actually played the hell out of 11 , i loved that game. If 14 is just as good i will be sated. Although if it is better, i will be quite pleased. I am just very happy that all the wow fanbois seem to hate 14 not seeing them in 14 because of that fanboism makes me even happier.

I also do think its quite funny when people freak out over a game when its in beta, if people know the trend of how 11 turned out they would not be complaining at all. But then again, people making informed decisions is usually asking far too much, but as i stated before , the people who write the game off wont be missed.

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
o r they adding the ability to jump in the final release? ha jk, this is not the deal breaker for all of you gentlemen.

But yes I agree this game only appeals to ff "fanboys".

and pirate, we here ladies and gentlemen of this thread, are people interested in the games potential and discussing the beta progress...not just ranting.

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
seriously though, I know that especially for you Final fantasy fans, complaining about jumping must seem like a joke, but to me its a huge part of the experience. Nobody else missing the ability to move vertically?

lun4tic

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
The beta was extremely well done, for a beta. I'm very excited for the full release.

How can you claim the game is balls, but never go into any further detail? This makes you appear to be an idiot. Please elaborate.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

It is fine for what it is, hopefully they fix the many problems with it. These aren't big issues either so they should be fixed with no issues.

Some issues already stated:
Jumping(I really don't give a damn about jumping, people are complaining in custom starcraft games you can't jump too, there are games that just don't need it.)

Performance - Personally, I got weird framerate issues where it jumped at times that didn't look to be...demanding. If you say, "Oh, well get a better pc, yours must be ***" then tell me how a 5770 and an Athlon II quad @3.4GHz is too shitty.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

For the first thing, that's a big problem then, and needs to be useful for both Nvidia and AMD users.
Speaking of which, Nvidia cards have problems with distance settings in the beta...so I don't actually believe it's better optimized for Nvidia cards.

The second, you said the same thing I just answered with. There's no need for jumping in games such as this.

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
to say there is no need for jumping is completely your opinion and a shallow answer. Why don't you care about jumping or flying? Why do most rpg games include it?

Its of course not a critical thing for most people I just don't get why its not included as most humanoids can jump and the ones in this game can not. Just takes an element of realism out of it and to ME at least thats really important.

as for the nvidia, intel rambling, yes as stated in several other threads, severe graphical optimization must occur especially for nvidia cards. We look forward to seeing that in the final release.

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010

no, thats just bad for business friend. They will optimize for both.

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010

the title is to grab ur attention. My not elaborating is to not start a flame fest. next time make a useful post. thank u gentlemen

lun4tic

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

Ok, how can I explain this to you in a way that you'll understand? The game is currently optimized for Intel/nVidia hardware and drivers, it will not receive any optimizations for AMD. It may receive general optimzations that will benefit everybody, but not AMD players specifically.

I don't actually know of any RPGs where the player can jump. It's pointless and contributes nothing to the game itself. If you're so inclined to jump, forget about video games and buy a trampoline.