Laptop for COD4

I have a Presario CQ61, Windows 7/64, AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M320, 2100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) 320GB, 4GB RAM,
Available Virtual Memory5.45 GB AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200.
I just tried CoD4 for the first time. I get slow down whenever the action starts hotting up a bit. Movement nearly stalls at times making it impossible to play. Is my machine not up to the job or may I have incorrect settings. Even when down to 800 x 600 i get the slowdown. Please help
4 answers Last reply
More about laptop cod4
  1. the GPU is a low end IGP that was never intended to play video games and since this is a laptop, you can't really do anything about it (ie not replaceable and there isn't an external solution yet that is mainstream)
  2. Oh Bollox! Looks like I'll have to have that PC built then. I played on a friends PC for the first time recently after years of consoles and was stunned at the quality. Anybody have any suggestions for a ground up build on a budget, primarily for gaming only. Is it worth trawling for 2nd hand hardware? Optimum set up for say £500? (base unit only) I see people listing their hardware with all the funky names and numbers but to be honest I have a basic understanding of these at best. So if you could base any replies on the assumption I'm an idiot that would be great. Any help, advice, mickey taking happily received :pt1cable:
  3. probably Athlon II X3 + ATI 5770 would be in that budget if you only need the tower

though i suggest going into the Systems:Homebuilt section and ask there as i don't know overseas retailers (I'm in the US so i have newegg)
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games