Shakameyaka

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2005
What do you think of Soyo Motherboards - specifically the Dragon series?. I have had good luck with these boards. They offer a limited selection, but is that bad? Most other MB manufacturers offer a dizzying array of MB's. I have a hard time comparing. A good selection is great, but when does it cause a problem for support? Appreciate any support on the issue of "Does the number of versions (sound, NIC's, RAM availabilty, processor support, etc.) of a motherboard surpass the issue of support and availabilty?"

Thanks, Not pushing SOYO, but as a reference.

TOM's Hardware ROCKS!!!

Eric

I would check soyo's website for support. I use manufacturer's websites all the time for bios updates and to check on new boards before ordering. I also download the board manual to check on bios adjustments for overclocking. And also direct rma's. You may never use them, but large venders such as newegg don't warranty many boards anymore. I've used the direct rma process at 3 different manufacturers- abit, albatron, and msi. All were decent. Albatron was the fastest(about 9 days), abit the slowest (4 weeks during their holiday shutdown).

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
SOYO lied cheated and outright took a dump on 100's of people by not honoring rebates. THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

<font color=green>NED FLANDERS FOR PRESIDENT</font color=green> Its justa nother gansta PARTY!
Intel P4 Extreme(3.73)@<font color=green>5.6Ghz</font color=green>
Asus P5AD2-E-Premium
Crucial Ballistix DDR2 667@DDR2 855

RichPLS

Champion
Didn't the sell off their motherboard company?

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

endyen

Splendid
Soyo is no longer in the business of making mobos. The sold out to ECS.
Some of the old Soyo boards were very nice. I would be less likely to trust a Soyo board now.

Shakameyaka

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2005
Man! I'm sorry to hear that - I have had very good luck with thier MB's. Sorry other peeps had probs. I have two Dragon 2's and one Dragon MB - no probs - just good performance and no compatibilty issues. Is ECS a good company?

Thanks for the quick response!

Eric

endyen

Splendid
Have you ever heard of them? They are the second largest mobo maker in the world. Unfortunately, the majority of thier boards are used in lower end oem setups.
The Soyo line will probably be used to carry a better grade of board than is usual for ECS, though not up to the old standards, but will have even worse support.