Need training for COD4

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Hey fellow Gamers,

Im not a pro nor do i suck, We play via lan mostly and our favourite style of game play is knifing, For some reason i can never win against my one brother,lol,worst of all is he will get 100 kills and me in the 70's for example he is so fast, Is it all about timing,reaction,age?lol

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
He hacks!
Walls, screening, aimbots, speed, no recoil, and toggles so you can't tell.

Honestly, it's all about the reaction time and what kind of headphones you use, hopefully you guys use headphones. You can hear footsteps from a distance with a good pair of headphones.

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Yeah i mean im not far behind in score, Last night i finished him just by one over the actual kill score.Im not bad at the game in fact we quite good the thing is he has the P90 which i havn't unlocked yet so you can imagine, all that is not the problem its knifing thats getting to me everytime he kills me no matter if i move out the way or just in front of him, but if do the same no chance,lol,but even in a knife round im not to far behind in score

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

He has normal head phones, i got the headphones with the mic, gaming keyboard mouse etc his stuff is pretty much standard, So its all about reaction which means i should stick to stratergy as no matter how hard i try he will just keep winning

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Well did some research on choosing the right weapon and perks for the right maps plus ways in which i can improve my FPS so hopefully that will help, Knifing still something il have to master

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
What ur system spec?

Ok well its not DDR3 or core i7 but still decent i think,lol

Intel Core2quad : Q8400 2.66 Ghz
4 GB's of DDR2 800 Mhz Ram
2 TB Hard Drives
Raidmax Skyline case
Raidmax 730 W modular PSU
Using the X4500 Onboard graphics right now but we play on low graphics anyway plus i don lag during lan play naturally my brother has the 9600 so his FPS is higher

Going to get the GTS 250 Next weekend once i get paid

But what can i do for temporary

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Nothing you need a gpu mate.Rest of your system is fine.

Sweet dude, So you rate my rig is good to go, Yeah that i do know the graphics card will be in that box next weekend and by god i hope it works, Il keep this thread open for now in case i need any other help.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Why not buy 5770. I believe both are priced similarly.
Pretty much, there are some that are 10-20$ cheaper. Overall the 5770 wins with performance though.
Unless he's one of those people that go, "I've only ever used NVidia for my gpu."

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Well i noticed from the one store i normaly buy my computer hardware from, is now selling the GTS 450.As i live in south africa the GTS 250 cards range from R1299 - R1599 the GTS 450 is going now for R1740 which to me seems more fesible, Divide those prices by 8 and you will know how much it would be in dollars.

Online i know i can play like a monster but against him its like im a noob,lol, Is there anything he could of added because some how his knife can pull out faster than mine and there is no ways he can get double the score

:eek: They're starting at the equivalent of 1,097.87 ZAR here in the UK, sucks to be you dude.

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

Well im using the sidewinder x4 keyboard and x3 mouse hoping that would help as it is a gaming keyboard ha ha ha, I either used mouse button 4 or 5 but the scroll button seems to be more comfortable but the problem is he is able to knife me before i get a chance its like he is using a mod that pulls your knife out fast like that perk sledge of hand,lol

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

Its over priced like crazy here look for a site through google www.zapsonline.co.za and see what they have.

The GTS450 i can cope with as far as pricing is concerned but il have to wait till the end of october to buy it for now il just get a 2 TB external hardrive as i was originally going to do

G

just do the thing taht will piss him off, the millisecond you see him go prone and shoot him in the face with a mp5, it is my fav gun in the game, i am level 55 and I have all gold weps and it is still the gun i use, just try to go prone as much as you can, and dont rush at him if you know where he is, take the long way so you can get behind him. that is about it :)

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
just do the thing taht will piss him off, the millisecond you see him go prone and shoot him in the face with a mp5, it is my fav gun in the game, i am level 55 and I have all gold weps and it is still the gun i use, just try to go prone as much as you can, and dont rush at him if you know where he is, take the long way so you can get behind him. that is about it :)

Yeah the thing i must learn to do is get used to the maps and routes they all take, Just annoys me how he gets all those kills and no matter how hard i try im dead before i look. This weekend that just past we played on saturday and out of pure fluke i got 99 kills he got 100 must be making progress hey?, i use the MP5 plus AK74-u but they hate it when i use double tap or stopping power, thing is i have not yet unlocked the P90 so needed to counter that gun by doing so but then my brothers feel its cheating? How is this cheating?

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Well some news from the front i bought the new GTS 450 1GB graphics card set my FPS to 125 and guess what iv been winning since then,lol,Clearly framrates make a huge difference

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Games like BFBC2 tend to be like that, at 30fps it feels like it's stutering and causing issues, but at 50fps it feels smooth and easy to run around and quickly spot someone. Now you need an incredibly large resolution so you can spot him popping up behind something from far away ;D

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Well my max resolution is 1600 x 900 and i run circles around them to the point where now they don't want to play as per my framerates being their issue,lol, I said but i thought it was all about reaction,lol

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

It is reaction too, I mean if you were shooting at the same time someone else shoots at you, and you were shooting at his legs and he was shooting at your head you would die.
Honestly I don't play MW2, so I don't know if it's one of those games that ignore body points, or one of those games that end up causing you to freeze as you get shot at.
Cstrike sucked because of that, you get shot at and you fall into the bullets D:

1: Anyone who is serious at gaming does so at low settings. Period. I still see some CS:S players using 1024x768, especially if they happen to have >120Hz CRT screens...If FPS is an issue, reduce settings.

2: CoD, like its spiritual predicessor CS:S, favors those with the fastest reactions and the best aim for headshots. No amount of equipment or training can offset that. I would know; my reaction speed has dropped over the years, and I'm below average in both CoD and CS:S now...[hence why I favor the more teamwork oriented Battlefield series, as tactics can often beat superior players, but I digress].

3: I always recommend the G15 to other gamers; the ability to tilt the middlemouse left and right offers VERY quick access buttons for the user. Immediatly avaliable are:
1: Left Mouse
2: Right Mouse
3: Middle Mouse
4: Side Button 1
5: Side Button 2
6: Mouse Wheel Up
7: Mouse Wheel Down
8: Middle Mouse Left
9: Middle Mouse Right

Plus two more buttons on the mouse. As someone who grew up with DOOM and never graduated to quake (and this, no WSAD skills; I still use the directional arrows), I find the G15 a godsend. A mouse (or any other gamepad) with lots of buttons instantly avaliable is huge.

4: Don't neglect sound. If you can't hear an enemy walking behind you at 10 paces, upgrade your sound setup. Using both a ASUS D2 and my G35 (depending on the game), its a HUGE advantage to hear that guy sneaking up on you, going for the knife kill...

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

Yeah what i meant was with that statement is now im accused of winning due to framerates before when i was losing it was all about reaction, I do know its the both of them but we adapt right?With regards to body points you don't get frozen when shot you literally can run away to heal which is automatic, We only play MW1 not the second try it out things have changed since counter strike you won't be disappointed.

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

I can play at low settings etc. but we set our framerates with our console and judge it according to the weakest graphics card so that its optimal for all, which kicks out the debate about FPS, even on high the game runs the same once we have set our FPS, the thing is its how your graphics card performs as mine is GDDR5 theirs is only GDDR2 a big difference wouldn't you say?, keyboard and mouse set up is basically the same as any other first person setup its just you get the knife which by defaul is keystroke V, I set it to my scroll button so its eaier to react as i to don't have high paced reaction times.