Is there some way to have both Doom 3 and CloneCD on the same system at the same time and Doom 3 still work?

John Eckart wasted my time on 12/26/2004 8:24 PM with the following:
> Is there some way to have both Doom 3 and CloneCD on the same system at the same time and Doom 3 still work?

This issue is already covered on this newsgroup:

Here's what I posted (not sure how reliably it will work):

"I've done some searching on this, and most people say to change your
regional settings (if you're in the USA or Japan) and then activate
"Hide CdR Media" in the CloneCd tray icon, and i did this, but it did
not prevent Doom3 from detecting the game. However, when i tried the
v1.1 No-Cd crack, the game worked fine, with or without the setting
enabled on CloneCd.

My advice to you: try the no-cd exe again, it worked for me."

The no-cd exe is better IMHO anyway, boots faster. However, it probably
would mess up your multiplayer.

The above sporatically worked for me, to play with that (try googling it
too).

Sorry I can't give a definitive answer.

--
Noob - "do you hack?"
Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"

pop

get the "nocd" crack and they can co-exist

--

"John Eckart" <JEckart@mail.com> wrote in message
Is there some way to have both Doom 3 and CloneCD on the same system at the same
time and Doom 3 still work?

John Eckart wasted my time on 12/27/2004 12:04 PM with the following:
> Thanks pop & snoop, that did the trick.

Sure, just hope you get lucky when you want to play multiplayer (cracked
clients can only play on cracked servers...)

--

"SnoopJeDi" <snoopjediHOLDTHESPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message news:dIidnWfyQLO49k3cRVn-gA@comcast.com...
> John Eckart wasted my time on 12/27/2004 12:04 PM with the following:
>> Thanks pop & snoop, that did the trick.
>
> Sure, just hope you get lucky when you want to play multiplayer (cracked
> clients can only play on cracked servers...)

I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads-up!