czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
Hello to all!
I have been away from the scene mountaneering for some time, anyways
I am stuck in a peculiar situation, Please Help me.....
I want to make a system and want to know the difference between the above mentioned mobos, Details and reviews
Some user experiences, I will be buying a PCI-E agp with this and athlon 64 3200 as in future I will upgrade to dual core cpu ( so no use buying more expensive right now )
Besides 2 gigabit ports, 10 ports of sata drives what is the real better deal?
Is the performance at par of the two mobos
After implementing raid 0 on the nvidia raid controller with 2 drives can I use the other 2 connectors for storage drives???? ( Important )

I know I wont be using SLI in near future so please elaborate besides this point
Thanking you all and I now this is a long post but Please help.

:cool: & :eek: is <font color=red> my frame of mind </font color=red>
so enjoy life but!!!!!!

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
Pretty fast
I was asking to elaborate a particular situation Suppose i enable the raid on the chipsets that will leave me with 2 empty connectors right!! so can I put in a new sata hdd to store data or will the raid not allow me to add other 2 additional without being a part of raid????
Thanks anyway and also about upgrading to dual core At least I have the option and I will only upgrade when softwares such as office PhotoShop and other related ones modify their codes...

Also are there any real world tests to show the difference....

so enjoy life but!!!!!!

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
I am in no particular hurry man I'll wait.

so enjoy life but!!!!!!

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
and what aboout some real world test of the A8N-E....
anybody out there who read a review or can give personal score.

so enjoy life but!!!!!

kingmike1980

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2005
Hey the SLI series are virtually identical, and if u don't want SLI (and r sure).....

then the NF 4 Ultra series r just as good, bascially component qual in both the boards (as well as Asus, gigabyte etc) r almost identical, so no worries there...

also the scores using single cards on SLI and ultras r almost the same, so go ahead with the Ultra... I suggest ASUS or MSI...

pat

Expert
I have SATA1 and 2 set as the RAID and 3-4 as normal for my 200Gigs and my 40 gigs.

I have teh GB k8nf-9.

<font color=red>Sig space for rent. make your offer.</font color=red>