AGP set to 0!

harerton

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2005
Hi,

I just got a presario 2596US laptop and discovered through Everest Home Edition and also through video details that AGP is disabled, although it supports up to 4x.

HP support chat was of no use, as they suggested me to update the bios, load bios default settings and update the video driver. I did all of this and had no success. To my dispair, the bios setup doesn't have any parameters related to AGP so the question is: how do I set AGP to 4x so that the video can work a little faster?

Thanks for any help!

Harerton Dourado
Audio engineer
Mechanic engineer
Environmental engineer
"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles" Isaiah 40:31

Oracle

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2002
Never heard of a BIOS that won't let you setup the AGP settings, unless this must be one of those BIOS where you are not allowed to do anything (usually found in big vendors boxes like IBM or HP).
Have a look at the settings in your video driver settings (ATI's Smargart for example), it'll tell you what's available on your system and what can't be used.

-----
<font color=blue>Why am I under the impression that I am not under any?</font color=blue>

TRENDING THREADS