linksys wireless-g kit with WPA possible?

I have the Linksys Wireless G Network Kit which includes the WRK54G
router/switch and the WPC54G PCMCIA network adaptor. It appears I've
successfully configured the router and network card to use WPA-TKIP
encryption. However when I contacted Linksys support to verify if my
configuration was indeed possible I received two differenct answers. One
from the online chat support team (who said I was OK) and one from email
support (who said my router doesn't support WPA-TKIP yet). My machines are
using Windows XP SP1 with all the latest SP1 patches. So the question is,
do I have the WPA support from Microsoft and do I have the WPA support
within the Linksys firmware and driver updates? I know I have the latest
Linksys firmware and driver support.

Anyone else trying to use WPA with the router and card mentioned in this
post?

-k

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:17:25 -0400, news spoketh

>I have the Linksys Wireless G Network Kit which includes the WRK54G
>router/switch and the WPC54G PCMCIA network adaptor. It appears I've
>successfully configured the router and network card to use WPA-TKIP
>encryption. However when I contacted Linksys support to verify if my
>configuration was indeed possible I received two differenct answers. One
>from the online chat support team (who said I was OK) and one from email
>support (who said my router doesn't support WPA-TKIP yet). My machines are
>using Windows XP SP1 with all the latest SP1 patches. So the question is,
>do I have the WPA support from Microsoft and do I have the WPA support
>within the Linksys firmware and driver updates? I know I have the latest
>Linksys firmware and driver support.
>
>Anyone else trying to use WPA with the router and card mentioned in this
>post?
>
>-k

Yes, the WRT54G and the WPC54G supports WPA-TKIP. If you have
successfully configured your equipment to use this, then it doesn't
really matter what someone else says can or cannot be done...

Lars M. Hansen
www.hansenonline.net

"Lars M. Hansen" <badnews@hansenonline.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:17:25 -0400, news spoketh
>
> >I have the Linksys Wireless G Network Kit which includes the WRK54G
> >router/switch and the WPC54G PCMCIA network adaptor. It appears I've
> >successfully configured the router and network card to use WPA-TKIP
> >encryption. However when I contacted Linksys support to verify if my
> >configuration was indeed possible I received two differenct answers. One
> >from the online chat support team (who said I was OK) and one from email
> >support (who said my router doesn't support WPA-TKIP yet). My machines
are
> >using Windows XP SP1 with all the latest SP1 patches. So the question
is,
> >do I have the WPA support from Microsoft and do I have the WPA support
> >within the Linksys firmware and driver updates? I know I have the latest
> >Linksys firmware and driver support.
> >
> >Anyone else trying to use WPA with the router and card mentioned in this
> >post?
> >
> >-k
> >

> Yes, the WRT54G and the WPC54G supports WPA-TKIP. If you have
> successfully configured your equipment to use this, then it doesn't
> really matter what someone else says can or cannot be done...
>

> Lars M. Hansen
> www.hansenonline.net
> Remove "bad" from my e-mail address to contact me.
> "If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?"

Just wanted to make sure. The Linksys support site is very confusing as to
which firmware, drivers, and patches are required for certain products.