DukeD

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2004
Well, here's the deal. New build with a WD 74g Raptor SATA on a gigabyte K8NXP-SLI. IT seems that the MB does not see the HD. I boot to the Windows XP install disk & it sees the drive and fiormats it, etc and installs the first set of files. Then it re-boots but will not boot to the HD, only the CD.

Lets see... what else can I tell you? I go into BIOS and see no mention of the HD. It sees everything else on boot ( cd & DVD). Do I have to set up some sort of RAID setup? The manual is not very strong on this.

Thanks!

<font color=blue><b>just trying to put a little distance......
..... between causes and effects</font color=blue></b>

HansGruber

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2005
Is your sata set to ide mode ?
Also when you install you need propably drivers for it.

It asks in the beginning "do you want to install 3rd party stuff" "press F6 or something" :smile:
Win sees it as SCSI controller.

<font color=red>"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
- Albert Einstein</font color=red>

pat

Expert
If you are using the nvidia IDE controller, no drivers are necessary. If you use the onboard controller, you'll need drivers for this controller.

RAID is not an option here.. you only have one drive. I would rather make sure that RAID is disabled for the nvidia controller for the connecor you plan to use. And check your boot sequence in BIOS.

<font color=red>Sig space for rent. make your offer.</font color=red>

He could have read the
*cough*<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=52521#52521" target="_new">hdd faq</A>*cough*

Might have helped him figure this one out...

It was just a moment of weakness - it will pass!

I'm just about in heaven right now. My ten year anniversary is this Thursday and we're taking a week to spend with each other in Hawaii - WOOHOO!

I haven't been on lately because I've been in Chile doing an exercise. As soon as I get some breathing room I'll be back on and posting links to the onbvious FAQs that people should read before playing a million and one questions.

ALOHA!!