Sign in with
Your question

Strange Dead Pixel on 360... [ Started with Halo: Reach]

Last response: in Video Games
September 16, 2010 1:23:52 AM

Hello, I just picked up a copy of halo reach when it launched... I'm sure one or two of you also picked up the game. Now I use my 360 on my LCD monitors using the Xbox 360 VGA HD Cable

Before I got Halo: reach everything was good, and working the way it should, but when I got this game I also got a problem with my monitor. When I play Halo: Reach I get 1 light blue pixel that sticks out on the screen. ( here comes the strange part )

This Pixel only shows up when I'm playing halo: reach. If I put Halo 3, or MW2 in my console then the pixel doesn't show up. also the pixel disappears when I hit the Guide button. ( this is when I'm playing reach ) I've checked the monitors, and there is no problems. I also changed the cable with my other VGA HD cable. I also tried it on a different Xbox, and the pixel was gone, but when I hooked up my Xbox the pixel was also gone. The Pixel came later after I powered down, and went to class ( I'm going to try that test again when I get home from my CCNA3 class) I'm also going to try it out on my component Cable and see if the problem is still there.

My question is does anyone else have this problem, does anyone have any ideas on what is wrong, and a way to fix it?

If not anything else, give me your guess so, it gives me ideas on what else to do.

Also Thank you for any help.
September 27, 2010 11:20:50 PM

Ok, this is strange. I just googled Halo Reach + dead pixel, and besides finding your post, they are all about the head shot achievement. The reason I did, was to see if anyone has gotten any dead pixels on their televisions after playing Reach. I have a Samsung 52 inch LCD, pretty new. It was perfect for 4 months, until I started playing Reach. One day, after turning the game off, I noticed a bright green pixel on my screen, and it never went away. Samsung replaced it, and it seemed fine, no dead pixels after it. Well, 1 hour after playing Reach on the new screen, another dead pixel, different spot. They just replaced it again, I think I will stay away from Reach for now.

Interesting that you said your pixel only shows when playing Reach, my are permanent.
m
l
January 28, 2011 7:06:41 PM

same has happened to me. it happened when i was playing. it was normal and then all of a sudden it went all light blue pixely all over the screen. they fust keep flashing. it seems as if this happens only on game play and my character. (by the way it is on reach).
have you had any success with yours?
m
l
!