Doom3 on a laptop ?

Is there any laptop that is capable of doing a GOOD job
running Doom3 ? ? ?
TIA
Zork

Zork wasted my time on 12/27/2004 9:43 PM with the following:
> Is there any laptop that is capable of doing a GOOD job
> running Doom3 ? ? ?
> TIA
> Zork

An alienware *laff*

Not sure actually, but I'm sure there's a rig somewhere.

--
Noob - "do you hack?"
Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"

wish there was, but you'll be lucky - graphics card is the (big) bottleneck
there...

"Zork" <zork100@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Is there any laptop that is capable of doing a GOOD job
> running Doom3 ? ? ?
> TIA
> Zork

There are plenty of em. Starting around 3,000.00 and up.

"Zork" <zork100@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Is there any laptop that is capable of doing a GOOD job
> running Doom3 ? ? ?
> TIA
> Zork

"Zork" <zork100@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Is there any laptop that is capable of doing a GOOD job
> running Doom3 ? ? ?
> TIA
> Zork

Couldn't get D3 to work on the kid's new desktop, for a lark I loaded it
onto my wife's laptop, it actually ran for a bit until it locked up, am
willing to bet you could make it work on this thing-Dell Inspiron 9100
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs) 512MB RAM ATI MOBILITY
RADEON 9700. $1500 IIRC.

John Cairns

John Cairns wasted my time on 12/28/2004 4:56 PM with the following:

Install the Omega Drivers: http://www.omegadrivers.net

--
Noob - "do you hack?"
Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"
Noob - "do you have digital cable?"
Justin - "i have *ALL* the cables!"

Works PERFECTLY on my laptop. I have it on the High Graphics setting too (it
starts going slow on Ultra High).

It's a Toshiba Satellite P30.
Pentium 4, 3.20GHz, 512RAM

Obviously I use a USB Mouse.. how hard would it be with the mouse pad!?

Jamie

"Zork" <zork100@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Is there any laptop that is capable of doing a GOOD job
> running Doom3 ? ? ?
> TIA
> Zork

Jamie Cameron wasted my time on 1/3/2005 7:31 AM with the following:
> Works PERFECTLY on my laptop. I have it on the High Graphics setting too (it
> starts going slow on Ultra High).
>
> It's a Toshiba Satellite P30.
> Pentium 4, 3.20GHz, 512RAM

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/cmod.to?seg=HHO&coid=-28763&sel=0&rcid=-26367&ccid=1291021

Aha. I thought maybe you were feeding us a line of bull, because the
stats listed on that site look rather unimpressive, but after looking
through the "detailed specs," I see the choices for customization are
better than the default parts.

The best card they have listed is an ATI MOBILITY Radeon 9700 video card
w/ 128mb VRAM.

Assuming you changed the default processor/video card choices (defaults
to a celeron, yuck), this laptop would probably make a decent rig for Doom3.

> Obviously I use a USB Mouse.. how hard would it be with the mouse pad!?

Harder than minesweeper for sure, slick.

Thanks for the info

--
Noob - "do you hack?"
Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"
Noob - "do you have digital cable?"
Justin - "i have *ALL* the cables!"

Runs fine on my Rock Xtreme 3.0GHz with Radeon 9700 and 1GB RAM, apart
from the fact that it crashes when you teleport to hell. I am going to
try fiddling with the ATI driver settings some time as advised in this
forum by Marcus Torrent.

Phil Hibbs.