Doom3 on a laptop ?

Is there any laptop that is capable of doing a GOOD job
running Doom3 ? ? ?
TIA
Zork
9 answers Last reply
More about doom3 laptop
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    Zork wasted my time on 12/27/2004 9:43 PM with the following:
    > Is there any laptop that is capable of doing a GOOD job
    > running Doom3 ? ? ?
    > TIA
    > Zork

    An alienware *laff*

    Not sure actually, but I'm sure there's a rig somewhere.

    --
    Noob - "do you hack?"
    Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"

    wish there was, but you'll be lucky - graphics card is the (big) bottleneck
    there...

    "Zork" <zork100@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Is there any laptop that is capable of doing a GOOD job
    > running Doom3 ? ? ?
    > TIA
    > Zork

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    There are plenty of em. Starting around 3,000.00 and up.

    "Zork" <zork100@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Is there any laptop that is capable of doing a GOOD job
    > running Doom3 ? ? ?
    > TIA
    > Zork

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    "Zork" <zork100@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Is there any laptop that is capable of doing a GOOD job
    > running Doom3 ? ? ?
    > TIA
    > Zork

    Couldn't get D3 to work on the kid's new desktop, for a lark I loaded it
    onto my wife's laptop, it actually ran for a bit until it locked up, am
    willing to bet you could make it work on this thing-Dell Inspiron 9100
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs) 512MB RAM ATI MOBILITY
    RADEON 9700. $1500 IIRC.

    John Cairns
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    John Cairns wasted my time on 12/28/2004 4:56 PM with the following:

    Install the Omega Drivers: http://www.omegadrivers.net

    --
    Noob - "do you hack?"
    Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"
    Noob - "do you have digital cable?"
    Justin - "i have *ALL* the cables!"
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    Works PERFECTLY on my laptop. I have it on the High Graphics setting too (it
    starts going slow on Ultra High).

    It's a Toshiba Satellite P30.
    Pentium 4, 3.20GHz, 512RAM

    Obviously I use a USB Mouse.. how hard would it be with the mouse pad!?

    Jamie

    "Zork" <zork100@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Is there any laptop that is capable of doing a GOOD job
    > running Doom3 ? ? ?
    > TIA
    > Zork

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    Jamie Cameron wasted my time on 1/3/2005 7:31 AM with the following:
    > Works PERFECTLY on my laptop. I have it on the High Graphics setting too (it
    > starts going slow on Ultra High).
    >
    > It's a Toshiba Satellite P30.
    > Pentium 4, 3.20GHz, 512RAM

    http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/cmod.to?seg=HHO&coid=-28763&sel=0&rcid=-26367&ccid=1291021

    Aha. I thought maybe you were feeding us a line of bull, because the
    stats listed on that site look rather unimpressive, but after looking
    through the "detailed specs," I see the choices for customization are
    better than the default parts.

    The best card they have listed is an ATI MOBILITY Radeon 9700 video card
    w/ 128mb VRAM.

    Assuming you changed the default processor/video card choices (defaults
    to a celeron, yuck), this laptop would probably make a decent rig for Doom3.

    > Obviously I use a USB Mouse.. how hard would it be with the mouse pad!?

    Harder than minesweeper for sure, slick.

    Thanks for the info

    --
    Noob - "do you hack?"
    Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"
    Noob - "do you have digital cable?"
    Justin - "i have *ALL* the cables!"
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    Yup, just blasted through D3 on this:
    https://www.shop.ajp.co.uk/?show=wide_info&id=D900T

    (which = sager 9860 = clevo D9T = Alienware Area51m 7700 and possibly some
    others)

    1024x768, high graphics settings, fps > 30 (never measured it)

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    Runs fine on my Rock Xtreme 3.0GHz with Radeon 9700 and 1GB RAM, apart
    from the fact that it crashes when you teleport to hell. I am going to
    try fiddling with the ATI driver settings some time as advised in this
    forum by Marcus Torrent.

    Phil Hibbs.

Laptops Games Video Games