Which Shotgun Is Better?

aBullet wasted my time on 12/28/2004 4:34 PM with the following:
> Which shotgun do you guys think is better?

The...only one in the game??

--
Noob - "do you hack?"
Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"

SnoopJeDi <snoopjediHOLDTHESPAM@comcast.net> typed this like they were
devouring a plate of fresh spoo:
> aBullet wasted my time on 12/28/2004 4:34 PM with the following:
>> Which shotgun do you guys think is better?
>>

> The...only one in the game??

aBullet is probably talking about Doom 2.

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.co.uk
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

EvilBill wasted my time on 12/29/2004 10:24 AM with the following:

Figures. *slap @ me*
--
Noob - "do you hack?"
Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"
Noob - "do you have digital cable?"
Justin - "i have *ALL* the cables!"

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

>> Which shotgun do you guys think is better?
>>

>The...only one in the game??
>
>--

Depends on which game??
DooM 2 has two shotguns . . .
The pump is best for medium range
The double barrle is best for short range

.. . . . . . . .

On 28 Dec 2004 13:34:39 -0800, "aBullet" <aBullet@gmail.com> wrote:

>Which shotgun do you guys think is better?

If you are referring to Doom 2 which has both the single shotgun (SSG)
and the double barrel shotgun (DSG):

The SSG has a much faster fire rate. It fires more accurately over
longer distances and has a much better cyclic (time between shots).
For close or stationary targets it's a good choice and seems to use
less ammunition. It's particularly effective against marines,
sergeants, Lost Souls and Imps. I use it when low on ammo, for
sniping and close quarters fighting where accurate shooting is needed.

The DSG is more of an assault weapon. It's relatively slow firing,
you can easily be attacked and killed in between reloads. Accuracy is
not its strong point. At short range it packs enough punch to take
out small to medium enemies with one pull of the trigger. It's also
good against large numbers of enemies and enemies that are moving
around. At long range you are sure to hit the target, but not much
damage will be done to small monsters. It's handy against cacodemons
and similar beasties. I tend to use it against large numbers of
monsters and as a bulldozer weapon to clear a path while trying to get
somewhere.

Sig:
Work saves us from three great evils: boredom, vice and need. -Voltaire,
philosopher (1694-1778)

> Which shotgun do you guys think is better?

Why don't you decide which half of your brain is "better" then I will pay
for surgery to get your other half removed?

SH