USR Router Firmware update - FTP won't work....

These are the errors I see and user sees

"(not logged in) (24.70.193.229) > connected to ip : 0.0.0.0" Is what
I see

"Can't connect to remote server. Socket error = #10061." what they
see.

I am using a USR 8054 Wireless G. I did an firmware update to version
1.64 and now its broked :(

Here are my settings. http://members.shaw.ca/katana-1100/

Thanx
1 answer Last reply
More about router firmware update work

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:38:10 GMT, Johnathon Aaron Steel <me@u.ca>
    wrote:

    >These are the errors I see and user sees
    >
    >"(not logged in) (24.70.193.229) > connected to ip : 0.0.0.0" Is what
    >I see
    >
    >"Can't connect to remote server. Socket error = #10061." what they
    >see.
    >
    >I am using a USR 8054 Wireless G. I did an firmware update to version
    >1.64 and now its broked :(

    Did you reset everything to defaults after the firmware update?

    >Here are my settings. http://members.shaw.ca/katana-1100/

    Nice documentation job. I'm not familiar with the SMC 8054, but I
    have run into similar problems. Some NAT routers will NOT allow input
    port redirection to DHCP assigned IP addresses. I suggest you change
    your client computahs IP address from 192.168.123.100 to a static IP
    address that's outside the DHCP address range.

    Also, you shouldn't need both port triggering and port forwarding for
    the same service. Port forwarding should be sufficient for incoming
    traffic. Port triggering only makes sense of outgoing traffic, which
    is already taken care of without any additional redirection.

    You also don't need port triggering for Skype.

    I suggest you disarm this complex maze for forwarding plus triggering,
    and start over with only ftp port forwarding. When that works, then
    put the rest of the junk back *AS NEEDED*.

    Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558

Wireless Firmware Wireless Networking