Sign in with
Your question
Closed

METRO 2033

Last response: in Video Games
September 17, 2010 10:23:12 AM

is metro 2033 just a shitty coded game. i get random BSODs all the time in this game and the BSOD says something like "uncorrectable hardware error," (there is nothing wrong with my hardware). no other game that i have does this, and there doesnt seem to be a fix. it also seems to be alot of the community who bought metro 2033. it doesnt matter what i do i BSOD. stock clock, underclock, overclock, reinstall game/driver/OS, restore. 5870 temps never hit 60c and my dedicated physx card never hits 55c. by looking on google the BSOD error in 2033 is pretty much part of the game just as much as the visuals are. has anyone found a fix for this yet, or were the developers of this game a bunch of untrained monkeys. It just that it seems like so many are getting this problem its as if they purposely added it to BSOD your computer.

More about : metro 2033

September 17, 2010 3:39:27 PM

cry_monster said:
is metro 2033 just a shitty coded game. i get random BSODs all the time in this game and the BSOD says something like "uncorrectable hardware error," (there is nothing wrong with my hardware). no other game that i have does this, and there doesnt seem to be a fix. it also seems to be alot of the community who bought metro 2033. it doesnt matter what i do i BSOD. stock clock, underclock, overclock, reinstall game/driver/OS, restore. 5870 temps never hit 60c and my dedicated physx card never hits 55c. by looking on google the BSOD error in 2033 is pretty much part of the game just as much as the visuals are. has anyone found a fix for this yet, or were the developers of this game a bunch of untrained monkeys. It just that it seems like so many are getting this problem its as if they purposely added it to BSOD your computer.

sorry but i never get BSOD i think there is some sort of bottleneck or issues regarding ram or GPU or just due to drivers.Is this just with metro or any other games??..starting over could easily eliminate many problems like reinstalling game or OS or both...post your specs please..
Score
September 17, 2010 7:34:54 PM

You might already know this but Nvidia own/incorporated PhysX in their GPU drivers. Nvidia decided not to drop entirely the support for PhysX cards already in the market...so they provide(d) somewhat of a support to people including ATI videocard owners. Since your PhysX are (technically) Nvidia drivers (though displayed as PhysX), and that your GPU is ATI, there might be some time of conflict between your ATI GPU, PhysX (or Nvidia) PPU, and Windows DX10/11. Also, most games still use DX9 and perhaps your problem is in the DX version with Metro - which only supports DX10 and DX11 (and doesn't support DX9).

Metro had several bugs at release but the latest game patch should have fixed your issues.

So as mentioned above, and if you're actually willing to troubleshoot, try without your PPU...and if it fixes your issue, then you found your problem.
Score
Related resources
September 17, 2010 8:47:55 PM

it does this with out the physx card and without any of the nvidia drivers. and i am 100% sure i am not bottlenecking. i already stated i reinstalled my OS. and no this does not happen in any other game, including the physX games.

my specs:

ASUS crosshair formula III
AMD 965 4.01ghz (temps never hit 55c)
ATI ASUS EAH5870/g/ 925core 1250mem (temps never hit 50c)
Nvidia PhysX XFX 9600gt stock (temps never hit 55c)
4gb 1333 Supertalent RAM stock
500gb OCZ SSD

and i forgot to mention that without the PhysX card i can play for 30min then i BSOD, with the PhysX card it takes me around 3 hours. there is something wronh with this game.
Score
September 18, 2010 2:37:42 AM

never mind it was my 5870. its dead now R.I.P

time to get a msi r5870 lightning II!
Score
September 20, 2010 1:23:32 PM

Sorry for your loss. May your GPU rest in peace. :p 
Score
September 22, 2010 7:55:46 PM

This topic has been closed by OvrClkr
Score
!