Doom2: level 30 Icon of sin?

Hello Everyone:

I am having trouble getting past level 30
Icon of sin, on doom 2.
It's the level where there's a rams head
which spits out boxes which change into
monsters when they hit the ground.
There is also a platform which rises above
the rams head once you activate it from a switch
some distance above from where you start.

What are you meant to do once you reach
as far up as the platform will go?

Do you have to shoot the rams head, on the
small volcanic area?

Thanks

Geoff

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 05:07:53 GMT, john_c@tpg.com.au (John Crighton) wrote:

>Hello Everyone:
>
>I am having trouble getting past level 30
>Icon of sin, on doom 2.
>It's the level where there's a rams head
>which spits out boxes which change into
>monsters when they hit the ground.
>There is also a platform which rises above
>the rams head once you activate it from a switch
>some distance above from where you start.
>
>What are you meant to do once you reach
>as far up as the platform will go?
>
>Do you have to shoot the rams head, on the
>small volcanic area?

That's exactly what you have to do. However, you can't hit the final boss
when you are at the pinnacle - you have to do it "just before" the top. A
good reference would be the tip of the Rocket Launcher aligned with the
chin of the demon.

John Crighton <john_c@tpg.com.au> typed this like they were devouring a
plate of fresh spoo:
> Hello Everyone:
>
> I am having trouble getting past level 30
> Icon of sin, on doom 2.
> It's the level where there's a rams head
> which spits out boxes which change into
> monsters when they hit the ground.
> There is also a platform which rises above
> the rams head once you activate it from a switch
> some distance above from where you start.
>
> What are you meant to do once you reach
> as far up as the platform will go?
>
> Do you have to shoot the rams head, on the
> small volcanic area?

In a word, yes. Shoot just before the lift reaches its highest point, three
or four rockets should do the trick.

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.co.uk
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:42:53 -0500, bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau)
wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 05:07:53 GMT, john_c@tpg.com.au (John Crighton) wrote:
>

>>Hello Everyone:
>>
>>I am having trouble getting past level 30
>>Icon of sin, on doom 2.
>>It's the level where there's a rams head
>>which spits out boxes which change into
>>monsters when they hit the ground.
>>There is also a platform which rises above
>>the rams head once you activate it from a switch
>>some distance above from where you start.
>>
>>What are you meant to do once you reach
>>as far up as the platform will go?
>>
>>Do you have to shoot the rams head, on the
>>small volcanic area?
>>

>That's exactly what you have to do. However, you can't hit the final boss
>when you are at the pinnacle - you have to do it "just before" the top. A
>good reference would be the tip of the Rocket Launcher aligned with the
>chin of the demon.

Hello Raymond and Bill
Just completed the game.
Thanks,