Sign in with
Your question

Recommend awesome games please...

Last response: in Video Games
September 17, 2010 3:05:56 PM

Hey all, I am aware this is probably spammed like crazy but I am looking for an awesome game to play. I recently built my new pc which can run crysis pretty well at 1920x1080 medium/high settings, no AA..

I love games that will test my PC, but I have already played:

Modern Warfare 2: The SP was awesome, went on to complete many achs and hardest difficulty, level 55 on MP.. bored of it now 9/10

Bad company 2: SP was not as good as MW2 but still very fun, played MP quite a bit.. bored of that too 8/10

Half Life 2 + 1 + anything hl related you can imagine (Including Garrys mod)... AWESOME.. but completed them all atleast 3 times with all achs.. 10/10

Left 4 dead 2: Was fun for a while... didn't seem to be too fun after getting the achievements for each level.... 6.5/10

Portal: Very very fun, done many achievments, feel I finished it. 9/10

Mass effect 2: Was an awesome single player game, fantastic. Completed it and didn't fancy doing the extras.. 9/10

Crysis: Bought for £6, best £6 ever spent.. was fantastic.. but a little too short.. I may play it on the hardest soon... 9/10

Medieval 2 Total war: Proudest moment ever had playing a game was completing this.. don't fancy replaying 8/10

GTA IV: Completed most of it, was very fun 8/10

So judging by the kind of games I like, can anyone suggest any? I have looked at:

Bioshock 2: Was so freaking weird in the demo.. not sure it's really me, despite the reviews

Mass effect: Recently completed ME2, not ready for more of the same just yet

Thanks... :) 

September 17, 2010 3:07:39 PM

Also have played Elder Scrolls 9/10
September 17, 2010 3:35:57 PM

Have you tried Metro2033/Stalker CoP/Warhead?

What video card are you using?
Related resources
September 17, 2010 5:24:18 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, I have a HD 5770, overclocked 945/1275 on CCC. Warhead is a definite, yeah completely forgot about that... I read mixed reviews for Metro2033, and I will take a look at Stalker now.
September 17, 2010 6:53:43 PM

Warhead is great IMO, better than the first one but it still requires a hefty system, same goes for Metro. Stalker on the other hand is an ok game unless you can care less for the “buggy” quirks (similar to fallout 3).
September 17, 2010 7:10:49 PM

Not to start a war but I preferred the first Crysis over warhead (but that might just be me). Both were excellent however. In fact, I highly recommend trying the Crysis mods...which will prolong your Crysis life for much much longer. The first Modern Warfare is also good if you haven't tried it (though I prefer MW2). And both COD: Black Ops and MOH will be out in a few weeks so keep an eye out. You'll have to wait till after new years for Crysis 2.

If you're looking for other types of games (non-FPS) like Mass Effect 2, then you might want to try Assassins' Creed.

If you like 3rd person and you happened to have a buddy to play with, then I would highly recommend Resident Evil 5.

Cheers,

Alex
September 18, 2010 7:42:05 AM

yumpum said:
Hey all, I am aware this is probably spammed like crazy but I am looking for an awesome game to play. I recently built my new pc which can run crysis pretty well at 1920x1080 medium/high settings, no AA..

I love games that will test my PC, but I have already played:

Modern Warfare 2: The SP was awesome, went on to complete many achs and hardest difficulty, level 55 on MP.. bored of it now 9/10

Bad company 2: SP was not as good as MW2 but still very fun, played MP quite a bit.. bored of that too 8/10

Half Life 2 + 1 + anything hl related you can imagine (Including Garrys mod)... AWESOME.. but completed them all atleast 3 times with all achs.. 10/10

Left 4 dead 2: Was fun for a while... didn't seem to be too fun after getting the achievements for each level.... 6.5/10

Portal: Very very fun, done many achievments, feel I finished it. 9/10

Mass effect 2: Was an awesome single player game, fantastic. Completed it and didn't fancy doing the extras.. 9/10

Crysis: Bought for £6, best £6 ever spent.. was fantastic.. but a little too short.. I may play it on the hardest soon... 9/10

Medieval 2 Total war: Proudest moment ever had playing a game was completing this.. don't fancy replaying 8/10

GTA IV: Completed most of it, was very fun 8/10

So judging by the kind of games I like, can anyone suggest any? I have looked at:

Bioshock 2: Was so freaking weird in the demo.. not sure it's really me, despite the reviews

Mass effect: Recently completed ME2, not ready for more of the same just yet

Thanks... :) 

assassins creed 1 and 2

a very fun games with an intresting story line
September 18, 2010 12:20:15 PM

Get Just cause 2 :D 
September 18, 2010 3:15:28 PM

I would give Stalker a try.
September 18, 2010 7:02:47 PM

Dead Space :D  with an immersive environment from your side.
Am playing Bionic Commando right now and is satisfying try it if u want (demo)
September 20, 2010 4:51:00 PM

Thanks everyone! I bought assassins creed 1, finding it hard to get into at the moment but will hopefully pick up, thanks all!
September 22, 2010 1:14:53 PM

Steam had a deal a couple months ago on the THQ back catalogue (I think it was $50 or $60...I mainly got it for DOW2 and the expansion).

However in that collection was the Red Faction games...on a whim I started playing Guerilla and it's actually pretty good so far; I'm about 2-3 hours in.
September 22, 2010 1:49:24 PM

Assassin's Creed is really fun. Played first, but got bored quickly once you figure out how to time your counter attacks. I would get 1v8 with a knight in the mix and not even get touched. After killing 3 or 4, the rest would all run off. Not sure if they made it any more difficult in 2.

If you like RPG, FO3 was a fun play through. The FPS part of it sucks as the mobs have a tendency to run super fast, but I personally loved playing a sneak/assassin char.

If you like medieval set games, Mount and Blade was worth the play. Gotta get the expansion though too (forgot its name). Kind of repetitive, but was def fun for a while.

None of these will get close to ‘testing’ your comp minus maybe Assassin’s Creed 2.
September 22, 2010 2:02:12 PM

if you want to test your pc buy gothic 4 when its out :) 
!