OLD epox board. OLD pc experts please read

Horze

Distinguished
May 13, 2003
Hey guys,
i aint much of an old computer person as my first pc was a p3. im trying to get a old epox mvp3c board going with a k6-2 500mhz pc.. 100 mhz bus with a tnt2 (agp 2X)
ive got the thing running beautiful. only thing im "confused" about is 1 jumper.
it says 1-2 DIMM AGP AND 2-3 DIMM CPU DEFAULT IS 2-3 its on 2-3 as we speak but will it give me more performance out of 1-2?
more importantly what is this for?

thanks
charlie

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
I'm guessing it's for running the RAM asynchronously? "2-3 DIMM CPU" sounds like it'll run the RAM at the speed of the FSB (synchronous, 100Mhz), whereas AGP would be 66Mhz.

Would make some sense as a feature back then, as many people might still have some 66Mhz ram, but would like to use the 'new' 100Mhz processors.

Don't take this as gospel though, as I really am just guessing.

---
<font color=red>"Life is <i>not</i> like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapeńos - what you do today might burn your a<b></b>ss tommorrow."

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's offering to use either the AGP clock or the CPU bus clock as the reference clock for RAM. And the CPU bus is 100MHz, while the AGP clock is 66MHz, so of course you want to use the 2-3 setting.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>