TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
Hi i wanted to know if the EPoX EP-9NDA3 is a good motherboard, is it stable and how is its over clocking ability.

Also do you have any other recomendations on AGP AMD 64 939 motherboads.

How is the Asrock 939A8X-M?
Also is the Asus A8V Deluxe any good?
or is the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum any good?

thank you

the turk<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TurkzZ on 06/28/05 01:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Well... a while ago I made my personal rig with the MSI K8N Neo2 Plat... I love that board, its great. OK, maybe love is a strong word, but its a great board and a great OCer.

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
Also is the Asus A8V Deluxe any good?
I like ASUS but IMO it's better to get an nvidia chipset than a Via one.

<font color=green>The other line always moves faster<font color=green>
<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/software/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=53481#53481" target="_new">Free Software Links</A>

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Asrock aren't exactly renowned for their overclocking prowess, and the only stuff of theirs I've seen has been pretty middle-of-the-road stuff - Alright for putting together a cheap system, but if you're interested in overclocking then I would avoid I think, but I haven't seen any reviews or anything about their A64 boards.

Asus tend to make feature-rich boards, but they tend to have voltage regulation issues (or at least they have done for a while, someone please correct me if this is no longer the case) which limits their appeal to the overclocker. No problem for stock speeds or mild overclocking though.

The MSI is well-liked I think. I've not used one myself, but it has lots of features and apparently overclocks quite well.

I have a Epox 9NDA3J myself. Great board, seems a good overclocker (got 250x10 at the moment, 260x10 is pretty much stable but I think I need either more CPU VCore or slacker RAM timings.... but this is not the time to go into that!)

From your list, I would get either the Epox or MSI, personally probably Epox as I've had good experience with 'em.

---
<font color=red>"Life is <i>not</i> like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapeńos - what you do today might burn your a<b></b>ss tommorrow."

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
forgot to say - I agree with dunky boy about getting an Nvidia chipset.

I basically don't bother even thinking about VIA these days.. They have produced too much crap over the years.

---
<font color=red>"Life is <i>not</i> like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapeńos - what you do today might burn your a<b></b>ss tommorrow."

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
Why a lot of people like the MSI boards? I've only had one and it was the worst mobo I've had.
What makes MSI better than the other options?

Just curious.

<font color=orange>Anything good in life is either illegal immoral or fattening<font color=orange>

TRENDING THREADS