Buying from USA to UK Help

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
HI, i am going to get some components (motherboard ect) from a USA store, will there be a problem with Components from USA is UK or a problem with USA brought components and UK brought Components.

Thank you

the turk

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
If you're asking if a CPU bought from the UK will work on a mobo bought from the US (and things like that), then product compatability aside (i.e., appropriate mobo for that cpu), yes they will work. Caveat to that is power supplies. USA uses 120v, most of the rest of the world uses 230v. Most PSUs work at both voltages, but not all, so that's something to know before buying.

If you're asking about customs/VAT/import/export issues, then I don't know the details, but it can be done.

Mike.

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside the dog its too dark to read.
-- Groucho Marx</font color=blue>

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
All the components will be fine, but as kinda stated a PSU from the states will expect - I think - 110V.

Most of them have a little switch on the back for switching between 110 and 240V, so make sure that's set correctly or a nice bang and a new PSU will be coming your way.

---
<font color=red>"Life is <i>not</i> like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapeńos - what you do today might burn your a<b></b>ss tommorrow."

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Also, is this an on-line store? I haven't found one that delivers to (or even acknowledges the existence of) anywhere outside the US.

---
<font color=red>"Life is <i>not</i> like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapeńos - what you do today might burn your a<b></b>ss tommorrow."