Sign in with
Your question

Remake of an old school game....

Last response: in Video Games
September 19, 2010 12:56:45 PM

If you could pick one old school pc game that you would want to see remade, what would it be? I would love to see a remake of the first Age of Empires game. It was one of the first pc games to get me hooked into pc gaming.

More about : remake school game

September 19, 2010 4:19:52 PM

jones911 said:
If you could pick one old school pc game that you would want to see remade, what would it be? I would love to see a remake of the first Age of Empires game. It was one of the first pc games to get me hooked into pc gaming.

The games I would want remade for PC are not a pc games to start with. I would to see good old fashioned turn based RPGs on PC. Games like Xenogears/Saga or the real turn based FF games (not the crap that are 12 and 13.

If I'm limited to only old PC games then I would say a Rise of Nations remake would be cool
m
l
September 19, 2010 5:12:05 PM

maybe - ultima underworld
m
l
Related resources
September 19, 2010 7:58:06 PM

Id have to have 2 choices and they'd be Star trek: Birth of the federation and Shadowman
m
l
September 20, 2010 2:52:26 PM

Alien Swarm, oh wait Valve did that.
Nah, Flight Combat Simulator 2 could be redone, luckily there's a few recent mods from dedicates companies, fans.
m
l
September 23, 2010 5:01:23 PM

Mechwarrior2
m
l
September 23, 2010 6:31:34 PM

Supremacy from my C64/Amiga days, as well as Project X.

Fortunately Stardust has been done - Super Stardust HD on my PS3 is more awesome than I could ever hope for.
m
l
September 23, 2010 7:05:21 PM

Master of Magic

Tie Fighter
m
l
September 23, 2010 9:28:14 PM

soulgraph said:
Mechwarrior2

You said it! Mechwarrior 2 ! :D 
m
l
September 24, 2010 11:44:48 AM

Wasteland (I still play it on occasion...kinda amazing they can get a game the better part of 25 years old to run on modern hardware)

Mechwarrior series (2 definitely)

Total Annhilation (Shot physics, no rock-paper-scissor unit domination, massed units that make you think more like a general than a captain)...and while I do like SupCom I do not consider it a true sequal since it went back to some RTS conventions I don't care for.

and now for one that is almost positivly impossible to remake...Planescape: Torment. Story-wise is probably one of the best RPG's ever made and had the benefit of some unique gameplay characteristics.
m
l
September 24, 2010 4:50:33 PM

SSI GoldBox Games where you have multiple characaters (Champions of Krynn, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, Dark Knights of Krynn...etc...)

Star Wars XWing vs Tie Fighter
Star Wars Jedi Knight (revamp?)

Wing Commander Series

Tribes
m
l
September 27, 2010 7:31:52 AM

Metwinge said:
Id have to have 2 choices and they'd be Star trek: Birth of the federation and Shadowman

Big Fat +1 for BOTF!
m
l
September 27, 2010 7:52:39 AM

jgiron said:
SSI GoldBox Games where you have multiple characaters (Champions of Krynn, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, Dark Knights of Krynn...etc...)

Star Wars XWing vs Tie Fighter
Star Wars Jedi Knight (revamp?)

Wing Commander Series

Tribes

I'd love to see a remake of TIE Fighter, complete with single player campaign. XW vs TIE was great fun, but only as a multiplayer game.

By the way, if you're a fan of Wing Commander, check out wcsaga.com. They're working on a total conversion mod for Freespace 2 that is set in the WC3 timeline. There's already a playable demo available. The other remake I highly recommend is Privateer Gemini Gold (priv.solsector.net).
m
l
September 28, 2010 2:20:59 PM

Jazz Jackrabbit 1 and 2 would be sweet, probably the best platformer of all time regardless of platform.
m
l
September 28, 2010 2:49:06 PM

synsyko said:
Jazz Jackrabbit 1 and 2 would be sweet, probably the best platformer of all time regardless of platform.

I wasted many happy hours on those... :D  I was never any good at platformers, mind you.
m
l
September 28, 2010 9:00:17 PM

Storybook Weaver.

I loved that when I was in grade school. You could sort of use PowerPoint to do the same thing now I guess... but I think a dedicated program like SBW would be easiest for kids to use. It could include more advanced imaging tools like layers, etc. now as well.

- Jake

Windows Outreach Team
m
l
October 1, 2010 2:34:18 PM

Herr_Koos said:
I wasted many happy hours on those... :D  I was never any good at platformers, mind you.

This game within the same time of mechwarrior and that talking buggy(Oh God)?
I could have sworn I played it, but it's been so long so I'm guessing that would be it.
m
l
October 1, 2010 2:50:05 PM

Ultima Underworld 2
Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries
Master of Magic

Dune 2
System Shock
Terranova

Neverwinter Nights
m
l