nvidia boot agent- Boot Failure

Szentigrade

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2004
Hi, i was "trying" to reformat my PC last nite and the PC just shut down after i had deleted my previous windows partition and for no reason and wouldnt boot back up. Once i unplugged the PC and opened the PC case for about 15 mins it finally came on again. But now i get these errors:

nVidia boot agent loading (sumthin along those lines)
A bunch of networking and DHCP stuff that doesnt make sense
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cables PXE-MOF: Exiting nVidia boot agent Disk
Boot Failure, insert system disk and press enter

I have no idea whats going on. I've tried flashing rom already but that didnt help like i expected. I just bought about $300 in new hardware i would really like to not have to buy some more but it looks like i will, can anyone diagnose this?

Specs:
asus a7n8x-x
amd athlon 2500+ (got it for the unlockability to 3200+ :)
1gb PC3200
1 200GB HD
1 300GB HD
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb
SB audigy 2 platinum
1 pioneer dvd-rom drive
1 lite-on CD-RW
1 floppy drive
400w codegen PSU

Thank you in advanced.

EDIT: It seems i can get past this if i insert the windows CD, but now once i get to the install windows screen and choose a partition it gives me the same errors saying that windows can not install on this partition please go back to partition menu and select another partition. I've even gone as far as to start up partition magic and format the disc as NTFS but i still get the same errors from the windows disc. I've tried 4 different window's disc, each give me the same errors. I've tried 3 different HD's each give me the same errors. I am so lost here, please any help would be very much aprreciated. Thanks

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by szentigrade on 07/04/05 02:21 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Boot agent loads when the chipset can't find another boot device, it's for network boot. Anyway...

When you boot off the XP CD, it tells you it can't instal to that partition? Well then the answer is obvious, delete the partition and creat a new one from the same place. That part of XP setup allows you to do just that.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

G

you can use a win98 boot disk and use fdisk to play with the partition.
Also if you tryed more than one HD, id suggest plugging them on an another IDE controller. I had one dead controller on an older board...

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0

KAREN33

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
I VISITED MANY OF THESE FORUM SITES WHEN I HAD NVIDIA BOOT AGENT FAILURE. I TRIED AS MANY SOLUTIONS THAT WERE OFFERED,AND STILL IT WOULD NOT WORK.MY SON HAD CLEANED THE INSIDE OF MY COMPUTER BEFORE HE WENT OUT OF TOWN.
WHEN HE RETURNED, I SAID,"ONE SOLUTION SAID SOMETIMES THE AGENT IS ON CARDS,COULD YOU HAVE KNOCKED 1 LOOSE?
HE OPENED IT UP AND EXCLAIMED
'I HAD RECONNECTED A CONNECTION WRONG!
HE FIXED IT AND MY COMPUTER HAS WORKED PERFECTLY EVER SINCE!
I JUST THOUGHT I'D OFFER A DIFFERENT WAY THE PROBLEM COULD HAPPEN.
GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!
KAREN 33