Doom 3 shotgun

I'm just wondering if the Doom 3 shotgun is a sawed-off shotgun.

Have you ever looked at the spray pattern? It's like at 10 feet there
is a 5 by 3 foot spray pattern. No shot gun sprays that wide.

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

> I'm just wondering if the Doom 3 shotgun is a sawed-off shotgun.
>
> Have you ever looked at the spray pattern? It's like at 10 feet there
> is a 5 by 3 foot spray pattern. No shot gun sprays that wide.

Ya, someone else noticed this and produced a mod to tighten the spread.

rms

yup, 1 good headshot wastes an imp, but you gotta be careful..hehe...

"count zero" <me@me.com> wrote in message
> I'm just wondering if the Doom 3 shotgun is a sawed-off shotgun.
>
> Have you ever looked at the spray pattern? It's like at 10 feet there
> is a 5 by 3 foot spray pattern. No shot gun sprays that wide.

Well... It's like 400 years from now. Think of it that way. Also, it's
id. If you want realism, I suggest buying a game that isn't id-branded,
especially Doom 3. You kill demons, not terrorists.

count zero wrote:
> I'm just wondering if the Doom 3 shotgun is a sawed-off shotgun.
>
> Have you ever looked at the spray pattern? It's like at 10 feet there
> is a 5 by 3 foot spray pattern. No shot gun sprays that wide.

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:51:03 -0500, "Tony L."
<tlechnerREMOVE@bellsouthREMOVE.net> wrote:

>Well... It's like 400 years from now.

Why would 400 years mean that kinetic weaponry gets discontinued? Sure,
there's the higher tech energy weapons, but they can be vulnerable to
attacks that disrupt electronics or whatever tech is in use at the time.

Basic firearms are quite difficult to disrupt, as they rely on a mechanical
firing and loading mechanism. (If they somehow get disrupted, it probably
means that your up against a "Poof. You're dead" opponent.)

> Think of it that way. Also, it's
>id. If you want realism, I suggest buying a game that isn't id-branded,
>especially Doom 3. You kill demons, not terrorists.
>
>count zero wrote:
>> I'm just wondering if the Doom 3 shotgun is a sawed-off shotgun.
>>
>> Have you ever looked at the spray pattern? It's like at 10 feet there
>> is a 5 by 3 foot spray pattern. No shot gun sprays that wide.

Raymond Martineau wasted my time on 2/18/2005 11:03 PM with the following:

> Basic firearms are quite difficult to disrupt, as they rely on a mechanical
> firing and loading mechanism. (If they somehow get disrupted, it probably
> means that your up against a "Poof. You're dead" opponent.)

Shooting the other person usually helps disrupt the loading process.

Just a tip.

--
Noob - "do you hack?"
Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"