Omnibook Xe3 scroll button failure? Driver problem?

Hi all. I'm using an old Omnibook Xe3-GC (Celeron 600) under
Win XP and can't get the scroll button on the touch pad to
work. I've updated the keyboard/mouse driver with the latest
from the HP site (2002 version) to no avail. Any pointers on
how to get the scroll button to function?

Thanks,

Kiwanda

On the seventh day, Kiwanda wrote...

> Hi all. I'm using an old Omnibook Xe3-GC (Celeron 600) under
> Win XP and can't get the scroll button on the touch pad to
> work. I've updated the keyboard/mouse driver with the latest
> from the HP site (2002 version) to no avail. Any pointers on
> how to get the scroll button to function?

test the scroll button as follows:
open Internet Explorer
go to a website where you need to scroll down ;-)
click on some free space within that website
click the scroll button
the mouse pointer should now change

If I may: I don't like the scroll button. I've downloaded the latest
synaptics drivers and setup a scroll region within the tap area. That's far
more intuitive.

100,000 lemmings can't be wrong.

weldinfool

Distinguished
May 25, 2011

Hi all. I'm using an old Omnibook Xe3-GC (Celeron 600) under
Win XP and can't get the scroll button on the touch pad to
work. I've updated the keyboard/mouse driver with the latest
from the HP site (2002 version) to no avail. Any pointers on
how to get the scroll button to function?

Thanks,

Kiwanda

Hopefully you have resolved this issue by now seeing as it has been 6 years but in case anyone else has the same issue and finds this discussion I found a fantastic fix for this problem by downloading Synaptics Touchpad Driver version 14.0.3 from this website, http://majorgeeks.com/Synaptics_Touchpad_Driver_d4913.html, not only did it fix the scroll button it integrated a scroll pad into the touchpad for both up and down scrolling and side to side scrolling. Works fantastic! Just FYI, good luck everyone!