Vonage Phone,Wifi, Traveling, with What Router?

Here's the situation: I now have a Vonage phone account, using the recently
introduced Linksys PAP2 adapter. Works like a charm. Those of you with
broadband ought to check out www.vonage.com (I don't work for them). To use
the device you need a router with at least one spare port.

I travel a lot and broadband access is pretty common in hotel rooms now.
I'd like to bring my wireless laptop along with me as well as a small phone
along with the Linksys PAP2 (this will allow me to get and make phone calls
whenever I travel...pretty neat.)

I need a traveling router (small) that has an AP and also has a spare open
ethernet port on it...

Anyone know and recommend such a device? Remember small is good.
Netgear just released a new traveling router; however no ethernet port. I
also looked at Apple's AirPort Express (also small)...but no spare ethernet
port either...but it does a built-in USB printserver.

Any recommendations?
3 answers Last reply
More about vonage phone wifi traveling router

    What you really need is Wifi / VoiP phone like Zyxel 2000W,
    it isn't cheap though !
    Regards,
    Martin

    "Michael M. Cohen" <mmcohen@(no.spamm)gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Here's the situation: I now have a Vonage phone account, using the
    > recently
    > introduced Linksys PAP2 adapter. Works like a charm. Those of you with
    > broadband ought to check out www.vonage.com (I don't work for them). To
    > use
    > the device you need a router with at least one spare port.
    >
    > I travel a lot and broadband access is pretty common in hotel rooms now.
    > I'd like to bring my wireless laptop along with me as well as a small
    > phone
    > along with the Linksys PAP2 (this will allow me to get and make phone
    > calls
    > whenever I travel...pretty neat.)
    >
    > I need a traveling router (small) that has an AP and also has a spare open
    > ethernet port on it...
    >
    > Anyone know and recommend such a device? Remember small is good.
    > Netgear just released a new traveling router; however no ethernet port. I
    > also looked at Apple's AirPort Express (also small)...but no spare
    > ethernet
    > port either...but it does a built-in USB printserver.
    >
    > Any recommendations?

    How about the Wiflyer (www.wiflyer.com)?

    Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

    "Ron Bandes" <RunderscoreBandes @yah00.com> wrote:
    >"Michael M. Cohen" <mmcohen@(no.spamm)gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I need a traveling router (small) that has an AP and also has a spare open
    >> ethernet port on it...

    >How about the Wiflyer (www.wiflyer.com)?

    That's the only one I've been able to find with this feature set (plus
    it has dialup). They've just started {taking orders for,shipping?}
    the WiFlyer, and I'm considering it. Did they just drop the price? I
    seem to remembering taking it off my list, as it was something like
    $250, but (now?) it's only $150. Probably $50 more than a travel
    router and a travel AP, but pretty reasonable...

    After leaving my previous travel AP with a client, I've been looking
    for a replacement. Anything else out there (yet) in this market
    space?

Vonage Routers Phones Wireless Networking