Sign in with
Your question

PC doesn't start - Abit IS7-E

Last response: in Motherboards
July 8, 2005 12:51:09 PM

Hi, I've got Abit IS7-E with P4 Prescott 3GHz and 2x512MB Twinmos RAM, other is irrelevant. I connected only these components and power suply on the board (the PS is OK, I've tested it.) and the starting button (it's OK too:) . The green LED on the board is lighted up (power is in board). But when I push the start button, nothing happens. What can be wrong? MB? (probably) CPU? or RAM?

I've had this problem yet. I've put the board out of the case and it starts ok. But now, it doesn't work. Help with any suggestions, thank you.

More about : start abit is7

July 8, 2005 2:40:18 PM

Make sure you don't have any extra standoffs on the case that are shorting out the board. and that the heatsink and fan are connected and plugged in properly.

Mike.

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside the dog its too dark to read.
-- Groucho Marx</font color=blue>
July 8, 2005 3:22:04 PM

I've checked all the connections, everything is ok. I've tried it with one ram, but nothing changed. Could it be, that the cpu is killed?
Related resources
July 8, 2005 3:31:44 PM

For the suspicion of this, I've put the board out of the case. On the first time, nothing changed. Then without any change from my side, it started. I've put the board back to case and it doesn't start again. I isolated all the studs (with tape) on the case, but nothing helped. Now, if the board is anywhere, I can't start it..
July 8, 2005 5:13:15 PM

I've tested only MB, RAM and CPU on it. I discover, that it matters on the position of the board, it's totaly crazy. When I bend the board a little, sometimes it starts, sometimes not, it seems there is a cold contantc or what..
July 8, 2005 5:31:40 PM

That sounds like a separated trace on the mobo. RMA the board.

Mike.

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside the dog its too dark to read.
-- Groucho Marx</font color=blue>
July 8, 2005 6:03:12 PM

I will. Thanks for help.
July 8, 2005 9:15:24 PM

Hey where did you get your IS-7 from ? I want to get one before there gone.there increasingly difficult to find.I had a simular problem with my case and mobo,grounding out. and so stupid and obvious I don't want to talk about it.I am beginning to hate my old Lian li pc70
July 12, 2005 3:02:03 PM

I got it from AGEM (Bratislava, Slovakia :)  but they don't have any yet.
July 13, 2005 4:29:22 AM

never mind! found one locally
July 13, 2005 7:45:39 PM

After you press the power button do you see your DVD, CDRW, and HD lights turn on?

I think I have a simular problem. My lights turn on, but the motherboard never boots. My monitor never turns on.
July 15, 2005 9:53:01 PM

Hey did you get your problem taken care of?
!