Sign in with
Your question

What is my problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last response: in Motherboards
July 9, 2005 5:20:16 PM

I recently just build a computer and when i start it up all i get is beeps. I am so pissed because i have tried everything in the book. I get beeps well its a serious of 2 fast beeps and it just keeps going and going. My Ram and everything sometimes is read but the computer just shuts itself off like a circuit breaker breaking.... you know that sound. here are my specs. The only things i have done wrong was i installed the ram backwards the first time starting it up and i turned it around and i got the same thing and it reads the ram so i dont think that is the problem but....

Asus P5AD2 Premium
Penitum 4 630 3Ghz.
Western Digital 80Gb Sata150
AData 1GB 533 4200
Chaintech Geforce6600GT 128mb gddr3
U.S Rebotics 56k v.92 modem
Aspire 520Watt 24 pin connector

Anything you can think of that i did wrong, i made sure everything was installed nice and tight many times.....

More about : problem

July 9, 2005 7:38:08 PM

Have you REMOVED everything except CPU/RAM/GPU?
Have you cleared the CMOS?
Have you installed the CPU/Heatsink correctly? If not, the PC might shutdown by itself because of the "heat".

-
GA-K8NF-9 / <b><font color=green>Athlon 64 3200+</font color=green> @ 3800+</b>
Infineon DDR400 (CL2.5) 2x512Megs
<font color=green>GeForce 6600GT 128Megs</font color=green>
<A HREF="http://www.getfirefox.com" target="_new">Get Firefox!</A>
July 10, 2005 7:38:46 PM

Yeah i have tried unhooking the ide and raid drives and trying that but it still beeps and i have also tried clearing the cmos settings and everything. I am clueless does anyone have the slightest clue what the problem is???
Related resources
July 10, 2005 8:05:13 PM

And you are sure your CPU/Heatsink are well installed? Did you monitor your CPU temp. from the BIOS?

-
July 10, 2005 8:44:09 PM

Well... i figured out what my beeping is and it was a coolermaster fan controller thing so i just unplugged that and i can get access to the bios and [-peep-] but i will just be checking my bios and it just clicks and shuts off... i am prettysure my cpu is installed correctly along with the fan and everything, but i dunno i have a heatsink sensor sticked to the cpu with a thermal tape than thermal paste on top of that.... Could that maybe be what the problem is??? Plz help.
July 11, 2005 11:39:35 AM

You have a Temp sensor <b>BETWEEN</b> your CPU and your HEATSINK?

If you answered YES to that question, remove the sensor, clean your CPU and heatsink. If possible put new thermal paste or use the provided paste (or thermal pad). The temp. sensor should be installed UNDER the CPU (between CPU socket and motherboard OR it should be "glued" to the heatsink, but NOT between the CPU and the heatsink. If the sensor is between the CPU and the HEATSINK, the surface of heat transfer will not be large enough, the CPU will not have a good contact with the heatsink and will cause the CPU to heat and SHUTDOWN by himself.

-
July 11, 2005 5:51:08 PM

I've seen where manufacturers of fan controllers or cases will include a thin thermal sensor that looks like it might fit between the CPU and heatsink. But it's a fantastically bad idea. Even a small gap (and even if its filled with thermal compound) will seriously increase your operating temperatures.

You're better off attaching the sensor to the metal base of your heatsink with a little patch of Kapton tape.
!