VIDEO: Asetek Shows Liquid-Cooled AIO Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsm6746

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
hmmm... put the radiator in the stand... makes sense... i couldn't tell if they had fans on the radiator or not...

unfortunately, i don't see the point in all this... i mean, look at all that desk space there... and what a pain it would be to crack that thing open... bleh...

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]jsm6746[/nom]hmmm... put the radiator in the stand... makes sense... i couldn't tell if they had fans on the radiator or not...unfortunately, i don't see the point in all this... i mean, look at all that desk space there... and what a pain it would be to crack that thing open... bleh...[/citation]
Well, the whole point of a computer like this is to have a simple all in one system that you never have to open or upgrade... but I think this is a problem for the higher end market it's trying to target. In the past this type of AIO desktop design has targeted lower end to mid-range buyers, and I suppose in those segments it makes more sense for the consumer to have a simpler and more streamlined design.

However, I agree with you that this type of system may be problematic if it were targeted at the enthusiast market, which is the direction they seem to be heading. Most enjoy having the freedom and ability to change and upgrade components, increasing a systems capabilities without having to purchase an entirely new computer. But who knows, there's a pretty strong market for gaming laptops.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
How is this aimed at the enthusiast market? Just because it contains a Core i7?

This form factor will always be mainstream market, and even though we know mum and dad don't need a Core i7 to surf the web and do family photos it won't stop tech companies trying to flog it to them.

Also, if this cooling system works Apple will be all over it for their iMacs.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
This system looks way too much like a iMac... maybe that's their target users, Mac users who want a computer to actually do stuff on, without having to own a Power PC... I mean Power Mac.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]BulkZerker[/nom]This system looks way too much like a iMac... maybe that's their target users, Mac users who want a computer to actually do stuff on, without having to own a Power PC... I mean Power Mac.[/citation]

Yeah, whats the point of checking your emails on a 1000$ computer when you can do the same on a shiny 2500$ computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.