Sign in with
Your question

Fried Motherboard replacement question...

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Phones
Last response: in Motherboards
July 13, 2005 2:04:31 AM

Ok, my Abit AI7 got fried, dang phone lines. Anyway, I'm going to replace it with the same motherboard, so will I be able to just install the new motherboard and plug all my drives and junk back in and start up the computer like nothing happened? Let me know, thanks!

More about : fried motherboard replacement question

July 13, 2005 2:13:27 AM

You should be able to just swap. If you have probs, then you can try doing a repair install of windows.

Are you sure you didn't fry anything else? Have you inspected the rest of the components?

July 13, 2005 2:21:56 AM

Ya, I brought it to an actual Computer shop that tested everything in it. The modem, the motherboard and a stick of ram were bad. I had 2 gigs of ram, so I think I will be ok with 1.5gb for a while until I send the junk one in. I already have an extra modem. Thank god it didnt get to my 3 day old 6800 GT whew! Thanks and any additional comments are welcome.
a b V Motherboard
July 13, 2005 5:49:18 AM

Additonal comments? Your system will perform better with 1GB in dual-channel mode than 1.5GB in single-channel, which you'd be forced to use with 3 sticks of RAM.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
July 13, 2005 11:42:37 AM

Concur with Crash on the RAM...it would be around a 5% performance hit or more.

July 14, 2005 7:01:54 AM

If it's not exactly the same make and model of modem, I would start without it, uninstall the old modem, and shut down to install the new one.
July 14, 2005 9:44:48 PM

should be more that 5%, it is an Intel CPU that love bandwidth.. I woudl say at least 20%

<font color=red>Sig space for rent. make your offer.</font color=red>
July 15, 2005 3:21:57 AM

If you dont have the board yet, see if you can get the IS7 instead. It would work great as a replacement.
!