Asus A8N SLI DLX Chipset fan running at 9000+ rpm

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
Hello to all
As stated in the subject itself my mobos chipset fan is running at 9000+ rpm, is is all right?
the cpu fan ranges from 4500 - 6000 rpm.
the temperatures are allright ie the CPU is at 39C to 48C at full load and never more than that, I ran sandra burnin test for CPU for full 40 cycles and everything was perfect so What I would like to know from you intelligent people is whether the system chipset fan is ok or should I be worried?

Please be fast ( for information I have worked on the system for full day schedules and havent shut down the system for the last 5 days, and touchwood! it hasnt flinched. )
Bye
Waiting

:cool: & :eek: is <font color=red> my frame of mind </font color=red>
so enjoy life but!!!!!

wizoforb

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2005
Well what is the fan rated at? Is it a stock chipset fan? I have a thermaltake fan the goes to 8500 RPM (But it's rated for that speed) If it's a fan that's rated for a slower speed and its going 9K rpm...then there is something definately wrong.

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
Sorry replied a little late, I have used Asus probe for the readings.
Let me again tellyou that the systemis running without problem till now.....
Thanks

so enjoy life but!!!!!

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
It still sounds less than the CPU fan which is running at 4500-6000 RPM as i mentioned earlier.
Thanks

so enjoy life but!!!!!

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
Well if the fan is not stock then you know the rating but I have no way of finding out whether the chipset fan is rated to perform at that speed.
If there is a way tell me.

so enjoy life but!!!!!

Have you tried looking in the manual? Writing Asus?

It's not in the manual.
You can:
1. Write Asus or go to their forums and ask the question.
2. Get the info off of the fan and Google it.

xlodo

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2003
If it's loud, check with Asus, at this point we've replaced a lot of those motherboards because of the chipset fan being extremely loud.

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
That chipset fan is designed to run all over the place...if you want to cool it down, try turning down the HTT multiplier to 4x from 5x or auto in the bios (assuming this system is NOT oc'd). You won't notice a difference in benchmarks or real life situations at 3x 4x or 5x.

I'm currently running it at 4x, but i've considered moving it down to 3x since i'm oc'd. But then my chipset doesn't go above 45c, it's vented pretty well, 2in 3out 80mm, and considering putting 2 120mm fans and doing some cutting on it, for a side out and a top out (and flip around the two 80s on the backside to pushing air in, instead of out).

F@H:
AMD: [64 3000+][2500+][2400+][2000+][1.3][366]
Intel: [X 3.0x3][P4 3.0x2][P4 2.4x5 down][P4 1.4]

"...and i'm not gay" RX8 -Greatest Quote of ALL Time

czarousa

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
I have told all that I am facing no problems whatsoever till now 'touch wood' and that the fan is not making too much noise, I am trying to find the answer in asus's website and tech info. will tell that too to everybody but meanwhile
Please tell me (if anybody is using that mobo) the fan speed of the chipset fan as reported by the asus probe.

so enjoy life but!!!!!