Last Man Standing Beta Released!

Get it here:
http://doom3.filefront.com/file/Last_Man_Standing_for_Windows;35450

"Beta 0.1 Feature List:

General-
Brand New Menu with new graphics, sound, etc (Timbobsteve, Burn, Danamo)
Shoulder Flashlight (Timbobsteve)
The maps include four different difficulty levels for players of varying
skill (Timbobsteve, Beerman)
Score system (Timbobsteve)
End of game Score Display (Timbobsteve)
Kicking soundtrack to every map (see music section)
Walkspeed changed to equal runspeed (Beerman)

Weapons- (note: Models for the double barrel and plasmathrower were
unfortunately not completed for this release, but will hopefully be in
the next one)

Pistol is 3 shot (Beerman)
Double Barrel shotgun -- single shot autoreload version (Beerman)
Chaingun with 300 round belt and a lower rate of fire (Beerman)
Plasmathrower (Beerman) - Turned the plasmagun into a flamethrower using
plasma"

I've played each of the 5 maps included with this pack (excluding
fortcomp, since it's an old map) and I can vouch for the awesomeness.

The two levels that have endings are pretty hard even on the Easy
difficulty, and I don't even want to experiment with the harder
difficulties yet, I'm afraiiiid!

There is a bit of lag in some heavy fighting on all of the maps, but
with a decent rig, you shouldn't really notice too much performance
dropping.

Personally, I find the neverending maps a bit monotonous and dull, but
they are still a challenge (especially Commando Attack)

There is music to all of the levels (which can get a bit irritating),
and the new weapon changes are quite nice actually. Plus, a nifty
shoulder-light is added, so you don't have to bother with that
irritating flashlight!

It's worth the download, and the installer exe even creates a shortcut
on the desktop for you, saving you the short trouble of loading Doom3
and using the Mods menu (goes right into LMS)

If you want your old config file, just copy doom3config.cfg from your
Doom3\Base directory to the Last Man Standing directory (you'll have to
change the shoulderlight key if you want to use the shoulderlight, and
you do)

For Linux users and those who don't want to use the installer:
http://doom3.filefront.com/file/Last_Man_Standing_for_Linux;35449

--
Noob - "do you hack?"
Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"

SnoopJeDi wrote:
> "Beta 0.1 Feature List:

Support for dedicated server? Support for remote controll like UT2004 by
web browser?

EmDzei wasted my time on 1/2/2005 5:47 PM with the following:
> SnoopJeDi wrote:
>
>>"Beta 0.1 Feature List:
>

> Support for dedicated server? Support for remote controll like UT2004 by
> web browser?

Since the LMS mod is still in beta stage, there is currently NO
multiplayer support (however, calimer and the rest of the team obviously
have co-op in the works, as he claims there is a video of co-op play in
the works on the LMS website)

I don't know about the multiplayer features as such, but I assume that a
dedicated server will be very likely.

As far as remote control via web browser goes, don't get your hopes up.
Doom3 sports its own built-in remote control system, although I think
you have to either be ingame or on the dedicated machine, so perhaps
that will be an option.

The beta is just a 'demo' of what is coming in the near future from the
LMS team, thus the problems in it are a result of unfinished progress
and bugs that need to be hammered out (ie. laggy on the Hangar level)