Sign in with
Your question

Is this a good gaming pc for these games?

Last response: in Video Games
September 23, 2010 3:41:50 AM

i wanted to know if i should upgrade, rebuild, or if im lucky, and hoping that i am, just play with the build i have, its a pretty old pc. built a year ago, with a very short budget.

the games i want to play are wow, starcraft 2, diablo 3, civ 5, and command and conquer 4

here is the build:

evga 790i sli ftw
intel core 2 duo e 7400 2.8 ghz 2L2 cache
4 gigz of ram ocz sli 2000 mhz
bfg tech 9800 gtx+
ultra 1600 watt powersupply
western digital black cavier 1 terabyte
and a cheap dvd/cd burner

also i have two other 9800 gtx + which are bfg tech, but i gave them to my friend, and i think he lost the sli connectore which ill buy later,

one more thing are the other 2 graphics cards going to make a difference, like i should i keep naggin my friend to send them to me? cause he doesnt want them anymore, but he is out of the state

heads up for the feedback, thanx!

More about : good gaming games

September 23, 2010 7:23:32 AM

The E7400 might hold you back a bit with an SLI setup, but I can't say for sure. Other than that you should be fine. Rather save for a new build than upgrade this one. Socket 775 is effectively dead now.
m
l
September 23, 2010 2:16:57 PM

Most of these games arnt very demanding to play, bar Diablo 3 which we dont know yet, so they should work fine but herr states the Cpu will be the bottleneck if your Sli. And btw, wats with the overkill PSU?
m
l
Related resources
!