What Mobo for X2 amd? Abit or Asus?

yea, i'm planning on buying an Dual core in Oct, but i cant decided on a mobo for it. I will only use Abit or Asus, prefer ABIT tho its the only one i've used. I was thiking the 3rd eye, but i'm waiting to see if a new abit comes out.

I use my rig for Heavy ammounts of Rendering (3d studio) and Gameing, and some Anime shows. Suggestions would be very much apperciated.
14 answers Last reply
More about what mobo abit asus
  1. The nforce chipset is best. Gettting one of the Abit AN8 boards looks like a good choice.
  2. ohh yea forgot to mention, has to be AGP. just bought a x850xt pe. dont want to put it to waste :-\
  3. I wonder if Abit is going to make a board with the ULi chipset - that might be a good option, too...

4. They've got one with the <A HREF="http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/en/motherboard/motherboard_detail.php?pMODEL_NAME=UL8&fMTYPE=Socket+939" target="_new">ULi 1689</A> chipset, now we just need one with the ULi 1695.

To the original poster: I'd recommend the Epox 9NDA+, MSI K8N NEO2 PLATINUM, or the DFI UT NF3 ULTRA-D
  5. lol i wonder if some of you even read my post. only abit or asus :-p with agp. But i'll take in mind the UL8.
  6. The problem is that Abit and Asus don't have any socket 939 AGP boards that are worth recommending at this time. People aren't going to recommend a flakey board just because it has a particular name stamped on it!
  7. $130 is expensive for an AN8 Ultra?
  8. Bah, those are just priced so much because they have the ankle grabber's name on them. Gotta whore yourself to make a dollar now-a-days I guess :/
  9. <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2471" target="_new">ULi 1695</A> Read up and realize that we did read the post. This is the only chipset - so far - that will support PCIe and fully enabled AGP 8X.

<font color=red>Sig space for rent. make your offer.</font color=red>
  11. Agreed on both points. Still for the future vid card upgradeability and the current AGP support, it is a great option.

He should get the board he need, use it as long as he can, then swith to a new mobo/ram/cpu that will be current at this time. This thing should last easyly more than 2 years.. who knows what will be available? Socket M2, DDR2, better SATA HDD and interface,..

OTOH, if it has a slow AGP videocard, but not enough money to get a better one for the moment, then this could be an option. Getting a better CPU with that board, and later, upgrade to a nice PCIe card. I would rather save my money for the video card and buy everything at once. So, the motherboard will be cheaper, as well as the CPU, or a faster version for the same price than the one available now.

<font color=red>Sig space for rent. make your offer.</font color=red>
  13. All good points. Throwing out an option for a high end system with AGP and PCIe option for later. The 6800GT that he has right now will last for tow years as well. Although you and I are more likely to get a new system vice upgrading, some people like that type of option...

The AN8 Ultra can handle the same or higher v than the AN8 Fatality. The AN8 Ultra is an updated version of the AN8 Fatality, without the retard's endorsement or price tag.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus AMD Dual Core