Need sugg. for Replacing Old MOBO...

Eman

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2002
Hi,

I'm pretty sure my motherboard died and I need to buy a new one. I'm leaning toward just getting an inexpensive one that will support the hardware that I have. I haven't kept up with all the new stuff on MOBOs and don't have time to learn all the new technology which would allow me an upgrade path.

So, I'm looking for suggestions on a mobo to support the following hardware: P4 2.4b (533fsb), 1x512 Corsair DDR SDram, Radeon 8500LE (agp4x, I think) and at least 4-5 pci slots.

Appreciate all suggestions.

Any comments on this budget board? http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA20799
(I'm not sure about the chipset or the LAN comment)

Thanks

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eman on 07/23/05 07:10 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Abit IS7 would be one of your best choices. The IS7 is a fully featured board that supports all P4B, C, and E processors, has lots of features, and is reasonably priced.

The -E versions are "Economy" and sacrifice features. The -V versions are "Value" and sacrifice both features and performance.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>