samsung a650

I have a new a650 and was wondering if I am able to download ringtones
to my phone? I tried the manual, but it isn't the best in the world.
I emailed samsung, but never heard from them. I called Verizon but
was told conflicting things. One person said it was possible, but when
I tried his suggestion and it didn't work, I called back. After being
on hold for almost 20 minutes and being transferred everywhere, I was
told that I couldn't do it.
Is it possible? Has anyone done it?

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I have that phone. It has better reception than my old SE 610 on
T-Mobile. But the CDMA's don't hold a candle to GSM's for ease of
down/uploading. I was used to Bluetooth simple contacts,calendar,
tasks sync, so in that regard the phone is a letdown.

At least I found an app to let me handle the phonebook from my laptop
- Datapilot. It will also do ring tones for this phone, but I just
haven't tried it.

Rick

Rick wrote:

> I have that phone. It has better reception than my old SE 610 on
> T-Mobile. But the CDMA's don't hold a candle to GSM's for ease of
> down/uploading.

GSM phones have done cordless data transfer for much longer. That's probably why.

Lady

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004

wrote:

>I have a new a650 and was wondering if I am able to download ringtones
>to my phone? I tried the manual, but it isn't the best in the world.
>I emailed samsung, but never heard from them. I called Verizon but
>was told conflicting things. One person said it was possible, but when
>I tried his suggestion and it didn't work, I called back. After being
>on hold for almost 20 minutes and being transferred everywhere, I was
>told that I couldn't do it.
>Is it possible? Has anyone done it?

Yes, it is possible... this site has all the info on it, lots of
people are able to do it, but I have yet to be able to. I can hook up
my phone to my computer and see everything on my phone but still can
not DL ringtones or wallpaper to my phone...

www.howardforums.com

stantheman

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2004

just got sch-a650 last weekend for wife my daughter had it just few min an
had download rings an a game some how she brought up a screen that take you
down loads I think she pushed the right side of ok button first I would go
back to store to get help good luck