Doom 3 mods

Steven B wasted my time on 1/8/2005 4:56 PM with the following:
> Anyone know where I can download mods for this game?

http://www.planetdoom.com
http://www.d3files.com

Most mods are still in the dev stage, but the mods Last Man Standing and
Classic Doom 3 have released early versions of their mods for the public
to test.

There are also a good few maps out there that give a good couple of
minutes of gameplay:

Sigma Core
Kiltron
Obi-wan's Shambler Map
Fortcomp10 (although it is technically part of the LMS mod)

etc. etc.

All of those can be found on planetdoom.

--
Noob - "do you hack?"
Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"

Thanks snoop!

SnoopJeDi wrote:
> Classic Doom 3
> public to test.
> Sigma Core
> Kiltron
> Obi-wan's Shambler Map
> Fortcomp10 (although it is technically part of the LMS mod)

All of this was single player maps. :-(

Is there any multiplayer map and if, how you set your dedicated server
to run it? Can client automatically download it from redirected server
like UT2004 can?

Now if putting extra map (.pk4) to Doom 3\base\ folder, says Doom 3 that
there is sync. problem with server and client.

If I found somewhere extra multiplayer maps and put them to server
folder, can I add this map names to maps.scriptcfg (seta g_mapcycle
"maps") and begin to cycle them?

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 00:40:24 +0000, EmDzei wrote:

> If I found somewhere extra multiplayer maps and put them to server
> folder, can I add this map names to maps.scriptcfg (seta g_mapcycle
> "maps") and begin to cycle them?

Why don't you try it, and then tell us! Sheesh.

Linux Registered User #327951

EmDzei wasted my time on 1/8/2005 7:40 PM with the following:
> SnoopJeDi wrote:
>
>>Classic Doom 3
>>public to test.
>>Sigma Core
>>Kiltron
>>Obi-wan's Shambler Map
>>Fortcomp10 (although it is technically part of the LMS mod)
>

> All of this was single player maps. :-(
>
> Is there any multiplayer map and if, how you set your dedicated server
> to run it? Can client automatically download it from redirected server
> like UT2004 can?
>
> Now if putting extra map (.pk4) to Doom 3\base\ folder, says Doom 3 that
> there is sync. problem with server and client.
>
> If I found somewhere extra multiplayer maps and put them to server
> folder, can I add this map names to maps.scriptcfg (seta g_mapcycle
> "maps") and begin to cycle them?

You sure ask if Doom3 can do everything UT2k4 can a whole lot.

If you love ut2k4's features so much, why not play ut2k4??

Doom3 isn't the same gameplay and never will be, it's not the way it is
designed.

There are tons of custom multiplayer maps on both sites, even ones with
outdoor environments (DM_crestavere is one)

Don't put the pk4 in your base folder, its stupid because then it
changes your base. Create a separate folder for the pk4 and call it
"some_map" or whatever you want, and then put the pk4 inside of it, and
when you load Doom3, you can select the mod from the Mods list.

Modded servers only support modded clients, and Pure servers only
support pure clients. That's a no-brainer, because if you had a Modded
client on a pure server, the modded client could have certain
advantages, giving him the upper-hand.

Make sure "pure server" is disabled before you run a modded map (si_pure 0)

I'm not sure if the client automatically downloads a map that it doesn't
have from the server, and I don't play multiplayer enough to care or
test it out. Just make your own dedicated server and join it (if you
have 2 boxes set up that can run doom3...)

There is no reason I can think of that modifying your mapcycle to
include custom multiplayer maps would not work, so go for it.

--

SnoopJeDi wrote:
> You sure ask if Doom3 can do everything UT2k4 can a whole lot.
> If you love ut2k4's features so much, why not play ut2k4??

My primary game is UT2k4 and I play it _a lot_ (ONSlaught) and I host it
too. To me it is easier to compare with it to my bad english and he, who
can answer understand sooner what I am asking for. UT2k4 is good
examplar how to host a dedicated server. It have nice webbrowser remote
support.

> Doom3 isn't the same gameplay and never will be, it's not the way it
> is designed.

It have good engine and iD Software have done everytime a good
multigamer protocol. Doom 3 seems to have it too. More than 4 players is
unstable, they seys on how-to-setup-your-server, but seems to work nice
anyway. I am hosting 32 players game. B)

> Don't put the pk4 in your base folder, its stupid because then it
> changes your base. Create a separate folder for the pk4 and call it
> "some_map" or whatever you want, and then put the pk4 inside of it,
> and when you load Doom3, you can select the mod from the Mods list.

Mods? I am talking about maps. Doom 3 crash if trying to load maps like
a mods. On dedicated side there have to be string to told where extra
maps are or what kind of style path should be. I tryed this kind. Didn't
work:

if ( cycle_maps > 0 ) {
if ( si_map == "game/mp/d3dm1" ) {
sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/mp/d3dm2" );
} else if ( si_map == "game/mp/d3dm2" ) {
sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/mp/d3dm3" );
} else if ( si_map == "game/mp/d3dm3" ) {
sys.setcvar( "si_map", "maps/Complex" ); <---- *** HERE ***
} else if ( si_map == "game/mp/d3dm3" ) {
sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/mp/d3dm4" );
} else if ( si_map == "game/mp/d3dm4" ) {
sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/mp/d3dm5" );
} else {
sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/mp/d3dm1" );
}

I think the name "Complex" is not the real name of maps and thats why it
do not load it. I tryed to add this Complex.pk4 to different folders but
didn't work. On dedicated server side console just tolds: ERROR: can't
load maps/Complex.

> Make sure "pure server" is disabled before you run a modded map
> (si_pure 0)

Yep, added this and this string too: seta net_serverallowservermod "1"
//0=no server mods, 1=mods allowed, but no help. I mean client cannot
add new vote for extra maps. They cannot see them on any list and map is
not in cycle. There are still only five iD's deatch match maps. And when
next map cycle comes from Complex server couldn't find it.

> Just make your own dedicated server and join it (if you
> have 2 boxes set up that can run doom3...)

I have two PC and I have tryed. The main problem is that, server do not
have enough memory on its graphic cards. Only 16 MB as Doom 3 needs to
64 MB. But server do not need display on anywhy becouse we are
controlling it remotely. We cannot controll started GUI listening host -
only dedicated server mode. Yep, every game have pathetics instructions
how to host dedicated server. Same in UT2k4. Helps comes only from games
forums. Game makers thinks wrong when they think that people are
servering games via theys main super-hyper PC.

> There is no reason I can think of that modifying your mapcycle to
> include custom multiplayer maps would not work, so go for it.

I have tryed it too. If have succeed I didn't ask here. ;-)

Thanx for your answer. I know this could be possible becouse there are
multiplayers maps there. Only I am stupid and do not understand how to
setup them.

"Be good frag with you"