Doom 3 mods

Anyone know where I can download mods for this game?
6 answers Last reply
More about doom mods
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    Steven B wasted my time on 1/8/2005 4:56 PM with the following:
    > Anyone know where I can download mods for this game?

    http://www.planetdoom.com
    http://www.d3files.com

    Most mods are still in the dev stage, but the mods Last Man Standing and
    Classic Doom 3 have released early versions of their mods for the public
    to test.

    There are also a good few maps out there that give a good couple of
    minutes of gameplay:

    Sigma Core
    Kiltron
    Obi-wan's Shambler Map
    Fortcomp10 (although it is technically part of the LMS mod)

    etc. etc.

    All of those can be found on planetdoom.

    --
    Noob - "do you hack?"
    Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"

    Thanks snoop!

    "SnoopJeDi" <snoopjediHOLDTHESPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Steven B wasted my time on 1/8/2005 4:56 PM with the following:
    > > Anyone know where I can download mods for this game?
    > >

    > http://www.planetdoom.com
    > http://www.d3files.com
    >
    > Most mods are still in the dev stage, but the mods Last Man Standing and
    > Classic Doom 3 have released early versions of their mods for the public
    > to test.
    >
    > There are also a good few maps out there that give a good couple of
    > minutes of gameplay:
    >
    > Sigma Core
    > Kiltron
    > Obi-wan's Shambler Map
    > Fortcomp10 (although it is technically part of the LMS mod)
    >
    > etc. etc.
    >
    > All of those can be found on planetdoom.
    >
    > --
    > Noob - "do you hack?"
    > Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"
    > Noob - "do you have digital cable?"
    > Justin - "i have *ALL* the cables!"
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    SnoopJeDi wrote:
    > Classic Doom 3
    > public to test.
    > Sigma Core
    > Kiltron
    > Obi-wan's Shambler Map
    > Fortcomp10 (although it is technically part of the LMS mod)

    All of this was single player maps. :-(

    Is there any multiplayer map and if, how you set your dedicated server
    to run it? Can client automatically download it from redirected server
    like UT2004 can?

    Now if putting extra map (.pk4) to Doom 3\base\ folder, says Doom 3 that
    there is sync. problem with server and client.

    If I found somewhere extra multiplayer maps and put them to server
    folder, can I add this map names to maps.scriptcfg (seta g_mapcycle
    "maps") and begin to cycle them?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 00:40:24 +0000, EmDzei wrote:

    > If I found somewhere extra multiplayer maps and put them to server
    > folder, can I add this map names to maps.scriptcfg (seta g_mapcycle
    > "maps") and begin to cycle them?

    Why don't you try it, and then tell us! Sheesh.

    Linux Registered User #327951
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    EmDzei wasted my time on 1/8/2005 7:40 PM with the following:
    > SnoopJeDi wrote:
    >
    >>Classic Doom 3
    >>public to test.
    >>Sigma Core
    >>Kiltron
    >>Obi-wan's Shambler Map
    >>Fortcomp10 (although it is technically part of the LMS mod)
    >

    > All of this was single player maps. :-(
    >
    > Is there any multiplayer map and if, how you set your dedicated server
    > to run it? Can client automatically download it from redirected server
    > like UT2004 can?
    >
    > Now if putting extra map (.pk4) to Doom 3\base\ folder, says Doom 3 that
    > there is sync. problem with server and client.
    >
    > If I found somewhere extra multiplayer maps and put them to server
    > folder, can I add this map names to maps.scriptcfg (seta g_mapcycle
    > "maps") and begin to cycle them?

    You sure ask if Doom3 can do everything UT2k4 can a whole lot.

    If you love ut2k4's features so much, why not play ut2k4??

    Doom3 isn't the same gameplay and never will be, it's not the way it is
    designed.

    There are tons of custom multiplayer maps on both sites, even ones with
    outdoor environments (DM_crestavere is one)

    Don't put the pk4 in your base folder, its stupid because then it
    changes your base. Create a separate folder for the pk4 and call it
    "some_map" or whatever you want, and then put the pk4 inside of it, and
    when you load Doom3, you can select the mod from the Mods list.

    Modded servers only support modded clients, and Pure servers only
    support pure clients. That's a no-brainer, because if you had a Modded
    client on a pure server, the modded client could have certain
    advantages, giving him the upper-hand.

    Make sure "pure server" is disabled before you run a modded map (si_pure 0)

    I'm not sure if the client automatically downloads a map that it doesn't
    have from the server, and I don't play multiplayer enough to care or
    test it out. Just make your own dedicated server and join it (if you
    have 2 boxes set up that can run doom3...)

    There is no reason I can think of that modifying your mapcycle to
    include custom multiplayer maps would not work, so go for it.

    --
    Noob - "do you hack?"
    Justin - "i hack like a maniac!"
    Noob - "do you have digital cable?"
    Justin - "i have *ALL* the cables!"
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?)

    SnoopJeDi wrote:
    > You sure ask if Doom3 can do everything UT2k4 can a whole lot.
    > If you love ut2k4's features so much, why not play ut2k4??

    My primary game is UT2k4 and I play it _a lot_ (ONSlaught) and I host it
    too. To me it is easier to compare with it to my bad english and he, who
    can answer understand sooner what I am asking for. UT2k4 is good
    examplar how to host a dedicated server. It have nice webbrowser remote
    support.

    > Doom3 isn't the same gameplay and never will be, it's not the way it
    > is designed.

    It have good engine and iD Software have done everytime a good
    multigamer protocol. Doom 3 seems to have it too. More than 4 players is
    unstable, they seys on how-to-setup-your-server, but seems to work nice
    anyway. I am hosting 32 players game. B)

    > Don't put the pk4 in your base folder, its stupid because then it
    > changes your base. Create a separate folder for the pk4 and call it
    > "some_map" or whatever you want, and then put the pk4 inside of it,
    > and when you load Doom3, you can select the mod from the Mods list.

    Mods? I am talking about maps. Doom 3 crash if trying to load maps like
    a mods. On dedicated side there have to be string to told where extra
    maps are or what kind of style path should be. I tryed this kind. Didn't
    work:

    if ( cycle_maps > 0 ) {
    if ( si_map == "game/mp/d3dm1" ) {
    sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/mp/d3dm2" );
    } else if ( si_map == "game/mp/d3dm2" ) {
    sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/mp/d3dm3" );
    } else if ( si_map == "game/mp/d3dm3" ) {
    sys.setcvar( "si_map", "maps/Complex" ); <---- *** HERE ***
    } else if ( si_map == "game/mp/d3dm3" ) {
    sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/mp/d3dm4" );
    } else if ( si_map == "game/mp/d3dm4" ) {
    sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/mp/d3dm5" );
    } else {
    sys.setcvar( "si_map", "game/mp/d3dm1" );
    }

    I think the name "Complex" is not the real name of maps and thats why it
    do not load it. I tryed to add this Complex.pk4 to different folders but
    didn't work. On dedicated server side console just tolds: ERROR: can't
    load maps/Complex.

    > Make sure "pure server" is disabled before you run a modded map
    > (si_pure 0)

    Yep, added this and this string too: seta net_serverallowservermod "1"
    //0=no server mods, 1=mods allowed, but no help. I mean client cannot
    add new vote for extra maps. They cannot see them on any list and map is
    not in cycle. There are still only five iD's deatch match maps. And when
    next map cycle comes from Complex server couldn't find it.

    > Just make your own dedicated server and join it (if you
    > have 2 boxes set up that can run doom3...)

    I have two PC and I have tryed. The main problem is that, server do not
    have enough memory on its graphic cards. Only 16 MB as Doom 3 needs to
    64 MB. But server do not need display on anywhy becouse we are
    controlling it remotely. We cannot controll started GUI listening host -
    only dedicated server mode. Yep, every game have pathetics instructions
    how to host dedicated server. Same in UT2k4. Helps comes only from games
    forums. Game makers thinks wrong when they think that people are
    servering games via theys main super-hyper PC.

    > There is no reason I can think of that modifying your mapcycle to
    > include custom multiplayer maps would not work, so go for it.

    I have tryed it too. If have succeed I didn't ask here. ;-)

    Thanx for your answer. I know this could be possible becouse there are
    multiplayers maps there. Only I am stupid and do not understand how to
    setup them.

    "Be good frag with you"

Download Games Video Games