All Points Bulletin (APB) MMO Cancelled ?

APB was a disaster in the making; stories that came out during its development were not pretty, and I'm not shocked the studio is going down in flames.

Good of EA to step up and offer another game in return though...

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007

Hey, at least HG:L lasted a while longer and there may be a HG: Resurrection coming out early next year.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
@Bildo: I know, I heard the same thing! I use to love/hate that game. I always had a hard time explaining why I didn't like the game. It had the best graphics for any MMO at the time (DX10), it had the same level system (random level structure), etc...but yet, there was always something missing.

In any case, it really blows when you buy a game only to know you can't play online anymore (especially when its an MMO!).

Good point though.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007

I actually was gonna go on a rant on how I hated the game and tried it again over a year, almost two, later and loved it. It definitely has the potential. The main killer for me however was the ridiculous experience scaling when you hit the next difficulty mode. I wouldn't mind playing through that at all, would even look forward to it, if the experience scaled better. I think you'd have to redo zones several times over to just get the same gain as one time over in the initial difficulty. I liked the "challenging" mode but think they should even kick it up another notch. Do that, fix the experience curve in the second difficulty, add more mobs, more zones, and zone variety and you have an awesome game.

I think it was cool that you could just be walkin' along and a portal reveals itself in the distance, same for the "epic and treasure" rooms. Again, more mobs and more difficulty would make it even better.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
I love how you and I are probably the only ones who purchased the game on TH. You're right though, that game had so much potential...they just didn't meet my expectation on a few levels. I just never followed the story/quests kuzz I really didn't want to read everything...characters should have had voices etc. I wonder if they'll fix all the low ends from their previous games....hmm. This might be good.