How Can I Save Flash Pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nalaree007

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2001
There are times when I visit a website where I would like to save some of the pictures. The problem is that some sites use Flash and the "right click, save as" doesn't work like with JPEGs. Is there an easy way to save these flash pictures w/o having to resort to the PrtScrn key? Thanks.

Nevan

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2005
to my knowledge you can't save picture's from flash files unless you have the original flash file

<i>The Statement Belove Is False</i>
<i>The Statement Above Is True</i>

Lazerous

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005
You can use 1 of 2 methods to do this. The first one, being the easiest would be to hit your print screen button on your keyboard. now open up your favorite paint program, go to the edit tab and hit paste. Now just <i>crop</i> out the part of the screenie you want and save as jpg, gif or whatever you need it to be.

The second option is one that you would already know about if you used flas mx or later. you could get the direct link to the flash file, download it and inport it into flash. isolate the frame you want and export that frame to a usable format.

Any help?

<font color=green>AMD 64 3700+
ASUS K8N-E Deluxe
CORSAIR XMS (1gb) PC-3200
Gigabyte GF 6800gt 256mb
Audigy 2 ZS
2_36.7gb Raptors/Raid 0
Tt 480 watt PSU</font color=green>

nalaree007

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2001
Thanks for responding to the post. I was hoping for a really fast and convenient way to do it....but I guess either way requires multiple steps.

Lazerous

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005
It's really very easy nalaree. Hitting the print screen button basically takes a digital snapshot of everything that you see on your desktop, including flash images. You then merely open up a paint program (even M$ paint) and paste what's on the clipboard to your program's work space. Crop out the desired area and save it as jpg or whatever else image type your paint program supports. I can do a simple screen cap in less than 30 seconds, print scr to jpg.

Lemme know if you need help with this, I am more than happy to walk you through it.

<font color=green>AMD 64 3700+
ASUS K8N-E Deluxe
CORSAIR XMS (1gb) PC-3200
Gigabyte GF 6800gt 256mb
Audigy 2 ZS
2_36.7gb Raptors/Raid 0
Tt 480 watt PSU</font color=green>

Status
Not open for further replies.