No storage driver found.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
I'm having some issues with installing Windows 8. I bought the $15 thing and downloaded it. When I try to do the install from within Windows 7 option, it says:
"We couldn't install Windows 8".
"We've set your PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 8"

So I tried the USB thing and it is saying something about:
"No drives found. Click load driver to get a storage driver."
or something like that. I don't have any "storage drivers' and I can't get past it.

Help me please.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
I have some sort of Dell H77 motherboard. I went on the Dell website and I got this:

292b8cg.png

I downloaded all 3 and put them on a USB stick. I will now restart the PC and try to install Windows 8 again.

EDIT: It says "No signed drivers could be found" or something like that, and still won't install.

EDIT AGAIN: For the record, I unzipped them and stuff.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012

No, I don't have a DVD to boot from. I've tried doing it from the OS and with the USB.

I was on the phone with Microsoft support for over 3 hours, and they still can't fix it. Apparently I was given something worth over $100 for the inconvenience but I couldn't understand what the tech support guy said. Lol. I think it was something to do with "advanced technical support" or something. Anyway, they are calling again tomorrow to try and resolve it. Very annoying. -_-

VWrestle97

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
I am having the same error as you. Although, I am trying to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro from Windows 8 Release Preview. I am not using a bootable USB, just running the upgrade from within Windows 8 Release Preview using Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant.

Computer: MSI Windpad 110W Tablet
CPU: AMD Z-01 1.00 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
SSD: 256 GB

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
Hmm. That's interesting. Your tablet is also interesting. 8GB of RAM, a SSD and a 1.00GHz CPU. Lol, cool.

Hopefully these issues will be fixed.

EDIT: Yes! I fixed it. It turns out Intel Smart Response Technology was blocking my storage devices from appearing or something. Anyway, I disabled it and I am installing Windows 8 on to my SSD right now. I'm surprised I didn't think of this sooner.