Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

billing error explosion

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 5, 2004 12:13:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

We've had Vz wireless service for several years. We had three phones on
the Family Share plan. I recently added a fourth one. The bill I just
received--first one since the change--has hundreds of dollars of airtime
charges on all four phones that I believe should not be there. I've seen
other posts here to the effect that changing *anything* sometimes causes
Billing to go crazy. True? If so, how does Vz continue to get away with
this?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 5, 2004 12:13:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

J Warren wrote:

> We've had Vz wireless service for several years. We had three phones on
> the Family Share plan. I recently added a fourth one. The bill I just
> received--first one since the change--has hundreds of dollars of airtime
> charges on all four phones that I believe should not be there. I've seen
> other posts here to the effect that changing *anything* sometimes causes
> Billing to go crazy. True? If so, how does Vz continue to get away with
> this?

I've made several changes to my account over the years without any issues. You
need to call *611 and get this resolved - if the charges weren't incurred by
you, it's either a big billing screwup or perhaps someone cloning your ESN and
illegally using it (doesn't happen much anymore with analog going the way of
the dodo, but it can still happen).

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 5, 2004 12:13:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

This is the first time I've read a post about this. I've made changes, and
once in a while they get screwed up, but more often than not, everything
goes as expected.

Bill Radio
Click for Western U.S. Wireless Reviews at:
http://www.mountainwireless.com


"J Warren" <nobody@invalid.urp> wrote in message
news:MPG.1ba3ec0fb30b851e9897c1@news.verizon.net...
> I've seen
> other posts here to the effect that changing *anything* sometimes causes
> Billing to go crazy. True? If so, how does Vz continue to get away with
> this?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 5, 2004 3:35:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 20:13:54 GMT, J Warren <nobody@invalid.urp> wrote:

>We've had Vz wireless service for several years. We had three phones on
>the Family Share plan. I recently added a fourth one. The bill I just
>received--first one since the change--has hundreds of dollars of airtime
>charges on all four phones that I believe should not be there. I've seen
>other posts here to the effect that changing *anything* sometimes causes
>Billing to go crazy. True? If so, how does Vz continue to get away with
>this?

Did you sign a new contract in the middle of your previous billing
cycle? If so, it could be prorated charges.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 5, 2004 5:59:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

In article <chd7pu$fbc$1@ratbert.glorb.com>, sjsobol@JustThe.net says...

> I've made several changes to my account over the years without any issues. You
> need to call *611 and get this resolved - if the charges weren't incurred by
> you,

As far as I can see, they were all calls we made. I don't understand why
we incurred airtime charges for them - this is new. For example, there's
one call from my phone to our home landline phone. The call was within
the village where I live. Never seen a charge for this before.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 4:56:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

In article <v92lj0p94aigsta3pgsidcbgs5tg1k5q96@4ax.com>,
ghost@general.lee says...

>
> Did you sign a new contract in the middle of your previous billing
> cycle? If so, it could be prorated charges.
>
I added a phone and agreed to pay $10/mo more to get more "Anytime"
minutes. Billing drowned me with explanations about pro-rated issues,
but now I've had a second bill and it's still way too high.

I think I've figured out what happened. Now I just have to figure out
how to fix it. On the plan before I added the phone, we had "300 Anytime
Minutes." Now we seem to have NO Anytime minutes, so every call during
Peak hours is billed for airtime.

This is definitely NOT what I wanted.

Jason
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 11, 2004 10:38:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

The same thing happened to me when I added my second line. It must be a
common mistake.

"J Warren" <nobody@invalid.urp> wrote in message
news:MPG.1bd1015c8e5ee9919897d5@news.verizon.net...
> In article <v92lj0p94aigsta3pgsidcbgs5tg1k5q96@4ax.com>,
> ghost@general.lee says...
>
> >
> > Did you sign a new contract in the middle of your previous billing
> > cycle? If so, it could be prorated charges.
> >
> I added a phone and agreed to pay $10/mo more to get more "Anytime"
> minutes. Billing drowned me with explanations about pro-rated issues,
> but now I've had a second bill and it's still way too high.
>
> I think I've figured out what happened. Now I just have to figure out
> how to fix it. On the plan before I added the phone, we had "300 Anytime
> Minutes." Now we seem to have NO Anytime minutes, so every call during
> Peak hours is billed for airtime.
>
> This is definitely NOT what I wanted.
>
> Jason
!