Abit fata1ty?

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
i just heard wind that this board is better than the DFI lanparty boards... is this ture?? if so i can still modifly my order and try to get it with retailer (helpful if ya direct me to a stocked retailer all the ones that i check with abit are out of stock, i just emailed them with my request and waiting with answer)

also do this thign suppoty the xp-120? and does it require a bigger case to house it?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheHolyLancer on 07/28/05 10:26 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
reserved? as in need connection to get or perhaps win like a abit supported lanparty?
speaking of lanparty where could i find a canaidian lanparty??? i want to at least see one this summer.... bummer being a canadian and live in a medium city that is 700 km away from big city....

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Assume they're being sarcastic here - 98% of the time you'll be right :lol:

Mike.

<font color=blue>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside the dog its too dark to read.
-- Groucho Marx</font color=blue>

BePe86

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2005
lol, true..

OT: this board is just a big waste of money. Go for a regular NF4-ultra board, you get most of the features, for half the price.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
yeah i guess and i found out that in order to get xp-120 the ram cooler have to come off and that a hardware firewall is cheaper to get than the board'd difference from a DFI lanparty

BePe86

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2005
Why not buy a thermaltake bigwater instead? That set will probably make your system a little less louder than a xp-120...

G

BUUUURNNNEDDDD
no smiley = no sarcasm!

:evil:

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-4-4-8, MSI 6800Ultra stock, 2X30gig Raid0

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
me like monstrous things :)
Then get a ThermalTake Sonic Tower and mount two multi-color LED 120mm fans on it. I don't know of much more monstrous than that. :O

:evil: یί∫υєг ρђœŋίχ :evil:
<font color=red><i>The Devil himself is good, when he is pleased.</i></font color=red>
@ 194K of 200K!

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
lol that wuld rock and probelly make a big crack in my mobo once i install it in my tower
**ROFL** I somehow doubt that. Actually, the heatsink itself is fairly light for it's size. The fanless one cooling my P4C2.6 is doing just fine. Not even a little warping of the mobo. And two 120mm fans aren't that heavy. Even one fan should be enough.

I'd just worry about the case having enough room. My Sonata had that and a little room to spare, but then it's a fairly large case.

<font color=red><i>The Devil himself is good, when he is pleased.</i></font color=red>
@ 194K of 200K!

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Actually, the Sonic Tower's mounting system sucks for socket 478. :( It doesn't really lock into place. It just relies on the tension to keep it there, and the tension on my board didn't get all that great. I could still slide it around if I wanted to. I'd definately have to remove it before shipping my box anywhere. Which is goofy because the heatsink isn't really that heavy. They really could have designed that better.

But to my knowledge it's fine for any other socket type. Some are more complicated to set up than others, but it has all of the adapters necessary.

@ 194K of 200K!

endyen

Splendid
My favourite was the 6 point on later super 7 boards. I got a brand new DFI board for free, because someone broke the two center clip holders. I just bought a hsf with the 6 point clip, slapped a K6-2 500 on it, and away it went.
Come to think of it, my 4 year old niece is still using it.