Xbox 360 No picture over hdmi

Steve01

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
Hello,
Last week, my sony TV and xbox spoke to each other fine over HDMI. Now i get no image or sound through the tv after connecting them up. The only thing that has changed is that i took my xbox upstairs for a while and plugged it into my monitor via DVI. I can get an image and sound via the other connection (component?), just not through hdmi. I have tried tinkering with the setings, the cable works and the TV's HDMI port works fine.
Any suggestions???

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006

Is the HDMI cable HDCP compliant? Are you trying to watch a movie when it doesnt work? Have you tried it movie vs video game and get the same result? Sounds like the HDMI output on the 360 crapped out. happened to a friend of mine too. If you've tested the HDMI cable on a different source and it worked, it's likely the XBOX HDMI OUT, sorry.

Steve01

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
Hi,
The cable worked ok on the xbox for ages... up until last week. Ive tried using the cable with the blu-ray player and it works ok, even took the xbox round to my neighbours house and the xbox worked on their TV with the same HDMI cable. So judging from that it looks like the TV has the issue, but the blu-ray player still works. So im really confused! You wouldnt have any other ideas would you?? This is really annoying me :)